1999 Apex 12 footer rib

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Hey guys. Thinking about purchasing my first rib Apex A-12, its a 1999 with three patches, seems have small amount of fraying. The boat seems to be in pretty good shape with some discoloration on the material (hypalon). Comes with a 15hp honda four stroke in good shape(1999). Is $2000 too much?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Depends on how much you're willing to pay. 2K $ is peanuts cost compared to if buying new... Apex Ribs and Honda OB's are expensive. There are products that can be applied on tubes to restore them to near immaculate new looking.

Happy Boating

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Like i said the engine and boat are 17 years old. The fraying on the seams concerned me but ended up making the purchase for $1800 with trailer. Now i need to find a good hypalon cleaner because the boat is a bit dirty with mildew stains on the runber parts. I figure it was a good buy at this price, at least i hope.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Hypalon inflatables can last up to 30 years if well cared for. Excellent bargain price with trailer included. Check if Iboats has Hypalon Cleaners, if they don't check with Defender, West Marine, follow instructions. With inflated tubes check with soappy water if having any small air leaks on tubes, seams for peace of mind.

Happy Boating

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
The engine, in running condition, is worth around a grand. The boat is worth a lot less....No more than $300 in air holding condition.

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Cleaned up great. Engine runs great too. I may have paid too much but wish i could have found a decent rib for $300. I dont think there are any for that price

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I would like to see anyone sellingt a Rib under that condition for insane out of this world $ 300 bucks. If tube's fabric is in mint cond, tubes and seams doesn't have air leaks you have paid an excellent overall purchase price for a 3 piece combo...New combo "easily" 7 grand., so sleep well and have fun with that nice combo.

Happy Boating

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Hello. Sea Rider you were spot on with your NEW price of the combo. Apex sells a similiar combo for 7500 after tax. I feel good about the purchase, had the tubes inflated for 24 hours and no leaks. The only issue I see with the boat is some slight fraying where the seams overlap, all seams are nice and glued tight. I think Tohatsu Guru may have thought my RIB was a SIB. I have checked all over the net and cant even find a 30 year old boat in dire shape for $300. Those RIBS hold their value pretty well. SIBS do too.

Neuner

Seaman
I like it. Looks good! Appears cleaner in the photo than the way your description sounded. It's white, so it's going to get that way so I'd be tempted to leave it but a protectant is needed. Curious to hear how your first run is.

Lund_bC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i had an apex and brought it to repair guy, that is just seam tape, it is not your actual seams, you could in theory rip it off and it wouldn't leak but the fraying is pretty normal on the edges no problem, you can put some super glue on the material and smooth it down if it is bothering you of if your worried about it coming apart more but its just a cosmetic problem, i wish i could find that set up for $2000 i would buy it today

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
For $1800 I wouldn't think twice! I foolishly had $1500 in a sib with a much older ob