Sea Eagle Foldcat mods

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I haven't really seen much regarding many sea eagle boats on here. I think it's mainly because they are so pricy when compared to Saturn, west marine, etc. I have just acquired a Foldcat 375fc pro Fisher package. It has 4 rod holders, oars, motor mount, 2 swivel seats, one with a 7" pedestal, and 2 quick release seat mounts. This is generally a $1500 package, I got it all for $500 with a high pressure electric pump. I then found a minn kota endura 50# for $100. If not for such a fantastic deal I would have bought a sea eagle.... But here we are! I love the boat!

It's perfect for where we are moving to next week. Omaha, NE. There are several small lakes in the 100-500+ acre range, all nicely stocked.... Some even with Pike and muskie! They are almost all electric only so I think this is the perfect package. I had the mariner 4 as my first boat and then a Saturn, so I'm a little experienced in inflatables.

I'm going to be posting my mods and pics here just for shits and giggles.

So far I'm planning on adding a solid floor with carpet. Mounting cooler and battery up at the front of boat. I have a lowrance elite 3x I'll mount to the trolling motor and I have a Bimini top that will be optional.

This will be a winter project but I'll post pics as I go!

mrdrh99

OK! Winter is coming to an end.... The ice covered lakes are thawing, time to get back to the boat! Now, I've played around with it a bit in the basement so these pics are kinda bad.
Sea eagle foldcat 375
Minn Kota endura 50 on the back
Minn Kota endura 34 up front with a custom trolling motor mount.... Still working on that, playing around with the angle because I don't want the motor in the middle of the floor. Kinda how a bow mount sits when not in the water.
Lowrance elite 4x hdi, transducer mounted on rear tm, I currently have the head unit on a milk crate with the battery inside, still playing with that as well
Large Bimini top that have mounted to the oar holders, will be awesome when it gets hot!
I have 2 large deep cycle batteries on the boat

Still to come:
A full carpeted deck so I don't have to worry about stepping in-between the slats
A harbor freight trailer that I'm going to mod.... 2 10' decking boards that will have heavy duty hinges so that it practically becomes a tilt trailer. Plan to also add a winch to assist with pulling out of the water... 2 motors, 2 batteries and a full deck and it'll be a tad over 200lbs

Anyhow.... That's the update for now. I'll will keep pics coming, this project should be done in the next week

mrdrh99

Harbor freight trailer. Extended tounge by 8ft by using a 2x2 3/16" thick square tubing. Several u bolts holding it on. I stole the trailer ideas from the Texas kayak guys, lots of info. I need to extend the wiring for the lights and then I'm going to use some 8 inch wide decking boards with hinges on the back edge of trailer. This should allow the boards to tilt back making launching and retrieving much easier... Also plan on bolting a winch on the tounge.

mrdrh99

Google harbor freight kayak trailer, then go to images, there are many pics that will link you to their site

mrdrh99

So after taking it out today I realized I have too much weight on the back of the boat. I'm going to put a deck on it then move the seat up about a foot. Then extend the tm cables and move the battery up to the front of the boat. Also... The tounge on the trailer is long enough that I don't need the bunks or boat hanging so far off the back, which will help put more of the weight over the axle