This is why I own an inflatable!

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The water was only 2ft by the waterfall so you have to paddle about 50ft. No big deal. The Colorado river is very deep now with the lake being up. I hit nothing all weekend. Stay at the painted sky inn if you go. Garner state park looks pretty cool but it would be hard to take my boat and leave my Yammy at home. I love to cruise.

Last edited:

FargoJoe

Cadet
Lake buchanan in central texas has been in a drought for quite a few years now. there are some beautiful waterfalls located on the Colorado river 1/2 mile up where the river feeds into the lake. They have been ineccessable for last 3 years. We had a little bit of rain in May that opened up the lake and river and put about 1-2ft of water in the river to make it doable for kayaks or inflatables. I had to navigate through a flooded forest on my boat slowly but when I made it through it was all worth it. Here is a video I shot. This is why I own an Inflatable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ZHRsESmlU

Cool! I'm in South Texas at Padre Island and my inflatable is perfect for down here. A little windy today though.

Neuner

Seaman
Cool! I'm in South Texas at Padre Island and my inflatable is perfect for down here. A little windy today though.

You a part of Corpusfishing.com? Been checking out some of the sea kayak and inflatable fishing videos on there. Love Drunkswimmers series of spearfishing at the oil rigs.

FargoJoe

Cadet
You a part of Corpusfishing.com? Been checking out some of the sea kayak and inflatable fishing videos on there. Love Drunkswimmers series of spearfishing at the oil rigs.

No, I haven't, although I'm now in Orange County, CA. But just hearing the term "drunkswimmers" sounds pretty entertaining!