Loch Lomond...great day

claretcass

Recruit
Brilliant day today on Loch Lomond, arrived at 1:00pm on the water with my 3D tender by 2:45pm, torqeedo electric outboard...travelled from Millorochy Bay across to Luss on a sunny day.
Tomorrow I will go from Millorochy Bay past the island of Inchfad down to Inchmurrin land on north shore for lunch then move on round the island then past Creinch and south of Inchfad toward Manse Bay before returning to Millorochy Bay....looking forward to it.
Its great quietly tootling along with Ribs tear arsing past but I must say everybody waves when passing

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Nice to read that you're having great boating times, a Rib was the way to go compared to any air deck Sib. Which Torqueedo model are you powering your Rib with ? Does it planes fast with you alone, have you GPS the max speed at full grip ?

Happy Boating

claretcass

Recruit
As I am over 70 and have to manhandle my boat in and out of my motorhome I only have a SIB not a RIB for weight reasons. I have the the Torqeedo 1003S and 2 batteries. I just tootle along at 6mph on half throttle. It will plane with just me in the 2.9M 3D superlightweight tender. The range for a battery charge is up to 20 kilometers depending on speed, the drawback being if you open the throttle up it will totally discharge in 40-60 minutes but a major advantage being if you reduce speed the time to discharge raises exponentally as the motor is very efficient.
I have never really looked at the GPS display when at full throttle but i wil tomorrow.