the Joy of slip

pgnyc

Seaman
Hello,
last week i went to Sampson state park in the finger lakes (seneca lake) and i choose to take a slip.
I could took the boat away everyday and park on the side of the tent but i wanted to see how it feel.
What a diff when you could go on the boat anytime .
Ok , i do remove the gas tank and my crate full of stuff,each time , but still what a change.

Did a 17 nm trip to the south of lake for lunch !!!! did a refuel of 1gl to be safe.

Still have fun with the boat .

Pascal

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Park mine on the beach at the river in the winter at AZ for 4 months about 50 feet from our fifth wheel. Leave all my stuff in it. Beats the heck out of having to launch it when you want to go out.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
yes having a slip is nice but for the price of a slip I would rather launch and retrieve each time plus I only have to handle my gear twice once at home before leaving and once upon returning

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
When we go on vacation we slip as well. But, then again the "resort" is 100% safe so I don't have to remove anything. I DO have to fill and take several 5 gal gas cans to the boat every day, while when we are at home i stop at the gas station on the way home each day.

After the week's vacation it only takes me an hour or so to clean the boat, while when at home it only takes me 5 minutes every time out.

Covering the boat each night is a pita. At home 2 of us do it in less than a minute. Putting the cover on from outside the baot is so much easier.

How much the "elements" (i.e., UV and dock rash) shortened the lifespan of the boat is not calculatable.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A few days in a slip would be nice when vacationing at a lake house or River camp. Long term wears on the boat unless it is covered and on a lift.