Inflatable PFD Safety Alert

freelancer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just recieved from the USCGAUX, check your gear if you think you may be affected:

Subject:
Urgent - Mustang Survival Safety Alert
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Mustang Survival HIT Inflatable PFD Safety Alert
September 5, 2012 (Burnaby, BC and Bellingham, WA) - In keeping with Mustang Survival's commitment to the highest levels of quality and safety, we are notifying the public of an urgent advisory for specific Hydrostatic inflatable PFDs manufactured during April and May of 2012. A portion of these PFDs may be subject to delayed or non-inflations. To determine if you are impacted by this precautionary advisory please reference the instructions below.
The following Mustang Survival US and Canadian products are affected:
MA7214 HIT inflatable re-arm kit
MA7214 HIT inflatable re-arm kit
MA7218 HIT inflatable re-arm kit for LIFT
MD3153 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT
MD0450 Inflatable Vest PFD with LIFT
MD3154 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT (with harness)
MD0451 Inflatable Vest PFD with LIFT (no harness)
MD3157 Inflatable Work Vest with HIT
MD3183 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT
MD3184 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT (with harness)
MD3188 Inflatable Work Vest with HIT
The potentially affected products were made in Canada during April and May of 2012. If your PFD falls into this category we recommend you visit www.mustangsurvival.com/HITor call 1-800-526-0532 for further information. The model number, manufacturing location and date of manufacture is printed on the white approval label on the back of the PFD.
All other Mustang Survival inflatable PFD products are not part of this advisory.
For complete details, visit www.mustangsurvival.com/HIT <http://www.mustangsurvival.com/HIT> or call 1-800-526-0532
For media inquiries:
Cindy Cheung
Marketing Services Manager
Tel: 1 -800-526-0532
Email: media@mustangsurvival.com

sinkererswim

Recruit
Thanks for sharing this. I love the idea of an inflatable but not sure I'm willing to risk my life hoping there's no manufacturing defects.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Both of my inflatables inflated on their own without any user input or getting wet. Sixty dollars for the recharge kits.