NEVER FORGET ABOUT YOUR ANCHOR!!!

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
DANG!!

​I'm hoping to take my first boat ever out for a test this weekend.. It's an oldie, but I got her running. That vid certainly was a shocker!
​Being brand new to boating, I plan on printing and laminating a checklist of sorts so I don't forget things while new..

​Kind of makes me want to put a flag, or note, or something on my remote controls or keyswitch as well when I do end up dropping anchor, and then I won't forget to get it first...
​At least until I get into the proper habits.

​I can guarantee you... That vid and experience you shared has certainly helped me, and I'm going to take steps to be sure I don't do that...

​Thank you for sharing!!
Glad you were ok and it turned out as good as it did for you!

Grnbasser

Cadet
Thanks for sharing the video. I sure don't blame you for going back to camp after that. Glad you and your boat are ok.

EchoNovember

Petty Officer 1st Class
After watching that, I need clean shorts...

Thanks everyone for not ripping on me for my stupidity I hope this helps just one person in the future

We all do stupid things. I've launched, tied off, and almost went and parked the vehicle before realizing we forgot to put the drain plug in. 10-15 minutes of the bilge pump running and draining out the drain hole to empty her out. She's a 16ft bowrider, if that gives you an idea of just how much water she took on in those few minutes...

Admit it, truth be told you were practicing your technique for your Louisiana trip to troll for gators.:laugh:

Glad you were not hurt.

He needed to slow down a bit. Trolling that fast keeps the lure too high up. :laugh: