No announcement yet.

Some people just shouldn't own a boat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people just shouldn't own a boat!

Yesterday I was on the Neches river with my family running trot lines when a guy in a big nice bass boat tried to swamp me in my little aluminium boat twice. The first time he came running up from behind me and cut me off while I was turning up a branch off of the main river. Then he came back up the branch and passed me head on. The first time I took some water over the bow but the second time could have been much worse but I gassed it. He obviously had no boating courtesy. I was too worried about my family to try and get the numbers off of is boat.

There are a bunch of them out there, but I call them a-holes. Courtesy is not even in their vocabulary
    94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
    95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
    07 SeaDoo GTX
    Raw Water Pump Maintenance
    Merc Adults Only
    G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

Thats why you carry a shotgun
      NO PERSONAL QUESTIONS, THIS IS WHAT THE FORUM IS FOR.

Comment

That person don't have any courtesy indeed.

Comment

I was rafted ip with two others a a basser threw the half plane wake ten foot off our bow now them to our port side the stern. He moved about 100 feet. Snapped my anchor line . He did not like my discussion with him, but he did end up apologizing
          1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

Mod EDIT:
            2 wrongs dont make a right, and only by shear luck did you avoid seriously injuring someone. Even if their an idiot, uncalled for.
            Last edited by jbcurt00; June 5th, 2016, 03:56 PM.
            Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

WOW, that is horrible. Good for you keeping your priorities straight: keep the family safe!

Comment

I know what you mean. I started boating this past spring and I was surprised by lack of courtesy of some people, but I guess it is the same as being on the road. I feel like once some people get outside the no wake zone, then they don't give a crap anymore. But there still are some great boaters out there that balance things out.

Comment

Just like operating anything - keep your head on a swivel, and enjoy your time on the water (and on this planet). I don't know why the one post had to be edited, but getting mad and attempting retaliation seldom produces a good outcome. Of course, that's easier said than done, especially in the heat of the moment - so thanks for reminding me to keep cool before I head out this evening...

Comment

You should have a "conversation" with this moron while at the boart ramp....

Happy Boating
                    Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

Comment

I can honestly understand wanting to get even, sort a speak, but the best thing to do is ignore them. I know that seems counterproductive, but sooner or later they will get theirs.
                      Tom Boy Boat Project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...s-what-trailer
                      Rebuilt trailer project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gener...r-back-to-life
                      '76 40 HP Johnson rebuild http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...mplete-rebuild
                      Minn Kota 599 Project http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ta-599-project

Comment

I understand in the heat of the moment your family comes first but in the future if possible get the numbers off his boat. Boaters are responsible for their wake. Some years back I had a boater try to swamp my 14' with his 28ft cruiser, actually turned and came across my bow about 10' away while I was anchored fishing. I had this happen many times before so I carried a cheap paintball gun with me. Splattered his hull with paint balls then called the coast guard and gave them the info. When they found the boat with the paint ball splatters they knew they had their man.

Comment

Mod EDIT
                          Generalizing 1 group of watercraft owners, language and lack of respect by others doesnt necessitate risking hurting someone.
                          Last edited by jbcurt00; October 15th, 2016, 08:32 AM. Reason: Content removed

Comment

A few weeks ago one morning my buddy and I went wakeboarding , after my first run we stopped , I climbed on the back of the boat and started pulling the rope in, coiling it around my arm like I always do... My buddy and I were talking about my run not really paying attention to our surroundings and I looked up and this boat was on plane passing us literally 10 feet beside us... I was absolutely shocked and by the time I had my wits about me he was too far away to see his registration number... Luckily for me the rope was out the other side of the boat , that could've been bad if I had half the rope wrapped around my arm and the other end would've wrapped around his prop! We were in the middle of the lake so there was no reason to pass by so close ... I don't know did he simply not see us or what but it sure scared the carp out of us!

Comment

These idiots think they are showing off. When in fact they are just showing how stupid they are. And when things go bad they always say I don't know what happened
                              2004 Caravelle 187

Comment

Working...
                              X