Docks at Penn's Landing in Philly?

superbenk

Commander
Does anyone know anything about using the docks at Penn's Landing in Philly? I'm starting a new job soon & their office is 3-4 blocks from Penn's Landing so on days I have to go into the office I'm considering the idea of boating in :) I emailed the Delaware River Waterfront but I have no idea when they'll get back to me. I can call them too unless someone here has some good info.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Ben: I used to work right down on Queen Street and Penn's Landing was a walk away. The docks at the landing are as far as I know private. There used to be a dockmaster there but I don't know if he is on duty all the time. There used to be a locked gate at the top of the access ramp. I have cruised into the dock area back when the submarine and the old time battleship were docked there and no one bothered me but I never tied up. There used to be a Marina on the other side of Penn's landing which I think rented slips but I never investigated Of course, all my info is at lease 10 years old so may not be any help.

You are close enough to take a hike down and see if anyone there can help you.

Last edited:

superbenk

Commander
Took my wife to the Moulu tonight for her birthday & we got there a little early so we walked around. Talked to a tour boat captain in Penn's Landing & asked him about the docks. He said they were transient & you need to call the dock master on the radio to get permission to dock there. He said they were first come, first serve but generally really available in the weekdays. He expected it should be fine during the week. I'll have to call the dock master & get more specific details, but it sounds promising.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Ah, yes, the Mosholu. Right next door was where, about ten years ago, the dock fell into the river and killed three women. Is the Mosholu still a la carte and about 25 bucks an entr?e?