Bass Lake, CA?

SDSeville

Lieutenant
I am thinking of taking the family to Bass Lake this year for some tubing, wake boarding, and fishing. Have any of you been there? What did you think? It sure looked great in The Great Outdoors with john Candy and Dan Akroyd.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Last year, the lake was at it's lowest level during the summer in the past 40 years...57% of normal. I would try a different lake. I boat at Big Bear. Although it is lower than normal, it is a lot better than many lakes in CA.

I haven't been to Bass Lake in years. I have a friend who still has a house on the lake. I can ask him what it's like.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Bummer. Thanks Bruce
It's a PGE lake so it get's filled by PGE. More than likely this year will be bad for it due to us only having a 17% normal snow pack.

Reserving and putting a deposit on a house there would be risky this year.

SDSeville

Lieutenant
It's a PGE lake so it get's filled by PGE. More than likely this year will be bad for it due to us only having a 17% normal snow pack.

Reserving and putting a deposit on a house there would be risky this year.

Funny. I was thinking that, from pictures I have seen, it looks like a great place for a 2nd home. You don't get that kind of scenery on most CA or AZ lakes. Big Bear is nice too, but a little more pricey than Bass.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Funny. I was thinking that, from pictures I have seen, it looks like a great place for a 2nd home. You don't get that kind of scenery on most CA or AZ lakes. Big Bear is nice too, but a little more pricey than Bass.
Big Bear is expensive on the lake. My GF has a house in Big Bear, 10 minutes from the lake and I bought a dockominium there in the Pine Knot marina where I keep my pontoon boat.

Go to Tahoe!
I will send you a PM