Planning a day (possibly overnight) trip within the SF Bay

Hai Nhi

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Good morning everyone.

I'm planning a surprise trip for my wife (& me) on this year Valentine's weekends. We've never gone anywhere pass Bay Bridge from our "home" port in San Leandro marina (we live in Hayward so that's been our first and only marina we launched from in the last 2-3 years). And the longest we've stayed out is about 2 hours or so.

I talked to a guy in Oakland yesterday, and he suggested that I should start from Emeryville Marina, visit Angel Island, tour Sausalito's houseboat community and back. And maybe stop/anchor at anywhere interesting/scenic for lunch/break/rest during the process.

Please advise if that sounds good enough for our first special day out (whole day)? Any addition/alteration/alternate to the plan is welcome.

I'm also very interested in trying to overnight on my boat once to see how it is so I can convince my wife to do it more often. Any suggestion on places we could slip for the night, lunch/dinner, etc... would be appreciated. We could do it at this same time, or some other time. If on other time, I could probably start early on Friday (maybe get to the dock at 4-5-6pm), some cruises then stay overnight, wake up early & watch the sun/cruise the fresh air, more cruises/visit a couple of spots, then head back. Hahaha. But of course, I'm not sure about the gritty details yet.

We will bring our boys, 4 & 6 with us. Boat is 2002 Sundancer 280, on a trailer from Hayward.

Thank you.

Nhi