Stuart/Port St. Lucie FL Boater Advice Needed

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Hi, all. I own a condo in Stuart and for the first time I'll be trailering a boat down to use for the winter. I have a place to store it when it isn't in the water (a private residence), but there aren't any facilites (like running water) for me to use there.

Trying to figure out where I can haul the boat out of the water once in awhile to wash it down and (this would be great) be able to flush the motor. Up here (Long Island) I'm close to two state-run ramps that have a wash-down area for the boats and trailers. Haven't seen that in Stuart. In fairness, the only local ramp I'm familiar with is the one at the foot of the Monterey Rd. bridge. There's a self-serve car wash nearby that I MIGHT be able to use to wash the boat, but not sure if I can, and if I can get the boat and trailer in and out of there.

Any ideas?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
doesnt the private residence that you are storing the boat at have a garden hose?

JoLin

Vice Admiral
It's a large piece of property, Scott. My parking space alongside the driveway will be far from the household utilities. I'll ask the owner, but at $40/month I don't want to be a pest. Looking at any possible alternatives first.

Last edited: