Heading out on a 7 days cruise . . .

tpenfield

Staff member
The Admiral and I are heading out on a week long cruise today aboard the Disney Fantasy, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I think it is one of their newest ships :noidea:

Our shore excursions include "America's Cup Racing" and the "Jamacan Bobsled Run". The Admiral also ordered a couple cases of gluten-free beer special delivery to our cabin, since I cannot drink the regular beers that they serve onboard.

Yesterday we toured the Kennedy Space Center. . . Brought back memories of the 1960's - amazing times back then.

southkogs

Staff member
The Admiral and I are heading out on a week long cruise today aboard the Disney Fantasy, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.
Thank goodness it's not a 3 hour tour. Those haven't historically worked out well. ;) Congratulations and many, many more anniversaries to you and the Admiral. "Keepers" are getting more and more scarce and 25 years is nothing to sneeze at.

The Admiral also ordered a couple cases of gluten-free beer special delivery to our cabin, since I cannot drink the regular beers that they serve onboard.
... really helps the "keeper" qualification on the Admiral, doesn't it? :D (I've gotta' steer clear of gluten too)

Yesterday we toured the Kennedy Space Center. . . Brought back memories of the 1960's - amazing times back then.
Kennedy is awesome. Huntsville is closer to me, so I get there more often - but either way, there was some amazing genius at work in the space program.

sam60

Captain
Congrats and enjoy the trip...Here's to many more. :tea:

tpenfield

Staff member
We are back from the cruise - great weather and a great time. This is our 5th cruise overall and the second time on the Disney Cruise Lines. I would recommend this to a friend :)

Here are a few photos to share. . .

We got to FL a day early as planned and toured the Kennedy Space Center. Lots of memories of the 'space race' from when I was a kid.

Here are the various rockets (boosters) they have on display . . .
IMG_4970.jpg

We toured the assembly building and launch pad areas by bus, then went through the Apollo/Saturn V display . . .
IMG_4974.jpg

Next day, we were onto the cruise port and boarded the ship. . .
IMG_5056.jpg

Here is a picture of the main pool deck area. They have a water ride that circles the ship. We managed a couple of rides on it throughout the week . . . very wet.

* * * continued on next post * * *

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
My special delivery of Gluten-free Beer was awaiting us in our stateroom :thumb:

IMG_5057.jpg

The dining room staff goes above and beyond . . . here is our 25th Anniversary desert

IMG_5075.jpg

We did several shore excursions throughout the rip. My favorite was the America's Cup 12 Meter yacht racing.
IMG_5083.jpg

The ship was already decorated for Halloween . . .
SAM_0153.jpg

The last day was on the Disney private island in the Bahamas. We took a jet ski tour. . . I am not a big fan of jet ski riding (only been twice), kind of bumpy in the ocean. Here I am with the ship in the background . . .
shapeimage_1.png

Our trip home was uneventful, the luggage even made it. . .

Last edited:

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Love a cruise. Where did you do the 12 meter? I highly recommend taking a voyage on the Star Clipper line. Fine dining and ports the big ships can't get into.

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
The 12 meter yacht outing was in Cozumel. I believe there is another port of call that has the same thing, just cannot recall which port that is.

After sailing that day, I feel inspired to get a sailboat over the winter. An S2 7.9 would be perfect :D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Glad you made it back with no bumps in the road other than the jet ski's ... Looks like ya'll had a great time !

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
We are taking off soon for a 20th anniversary cruise on the Med. Will start in Rome. Haven't been there since I was stationed in Italy over 50 years ago and even then spent most of my time on the Adriatic side where I was based. We will be seeing Monte Carlo, Florence, Marseille and other places. Can't wait.

Glenn

Jeep Man

Commander
Looks like a fun time TP. Happy Anniversary to you both. We are taking a Disney cruise next summer, albeit in the other direction, Alaska. Taking the whole family.
Enjoy the trip.

Last edited: