North Georgia get-together?

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, it's that time of the year. The lake is going down and ramps are closing. We winterized the toon, so guess we will wait it out till spring. see ya then.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Checked out the boat ramp at Blockhouse today, no water and the dock in on the ground. Went by a few other ramps on the west and sount side of the lake, found the same thing. But nothing new, the Corps does this every year. Good time to walk out and stack some rocks and build a fishing spot for when the water comes back.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Allatoona is down a little over 16 feet, but it should start slowly going back up soon. I like to walk around the shore when it's low like this and find some good looking spots. If I go out this time of year I make the trek to Carters because it only varies about 5 feet.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well looks like the lake is filling up with water, the docks are almost floating. Won't be long now.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Allatoona is down a little over 16 feet, but it should start slowly going back up soon. I like to walk around the shore when it's low like this and find some good looking spots. If I go out this time of year I make the trek to Carters because it only varies about 5 feet.

one can find a lot of fishing equipment too

samm835

Chief Petty Officer
I might try throwin the boat in this weekend to test the waters and making sure I got everything ready this year. I'll probably put in Allatoona Landing, head over towards Flamingo Cove throw a couple of dogs on the grill and enjoy a cold before the coves get packed this summer. Red/Joe, where is your shop off of 293 ? I'm towards Cartersville area.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Shop is in the industial park. Go past the waffle house turn right after the massey dealer then after you cross the second set of rr tracks you'll be looking at us. im going to be down therein a couple weeks

GA_Boater

I think it's topped off at 2 1/2' over pool, pending more rain later in the week. I'll find out tomorrow morning.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
FYI..... The USCG Aux wil be at the Navy boat dock Sat. 4/25 starting at 10am to offer Free Boat Saftey inspections.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
The lake is Full, it's getting warmer, about time to get on the water. See ya soon......

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well it's almost been a year since this thread was started, what's going on, anyone going on the lake ??

GA_Boater

Been a couple of times, Sully. Last time the motor started acting up. And these pop-up storms kinda dampen things.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Boater, yep the weather has been up and down, then the heat.. I'll wait till after the weekend of the 4th to go out.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
So whats happened, everyones boat is sunk ???? or is it just too Hot

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
You may not post in the forum to promote any personal enterprise, advertise a business or product, or to solicit responses for contests, polls, or similar. This includes directing members to social networking sites.

What is that ???? some kind of advertising ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
OK, it's another new year, are you ready to get out on Allatoona Lake ?? I'm planning on Saturdays and Thursdays. Mostly launching at Blockhouse. We could use this form as giving a headsup when we are planning on going. Hope to see ya on the lake.