North Georgia get-together?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
enjoy. If I can sneak away it will just be for a couple hours close to home. Post some pics.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Dang, I'll be out of town also. Figures, it's going to be nice this weekend. Post some pics for us. :tea:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Pics would be just an empty cove. I went early this afternoon and waved my tin patch material cylinders and no one waved back. We'll meet up before the end of summer.

EDIT - I only go out during the week - Too many crazies waving beer cans on the weekends. :eek:

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
if you only go out weekdays, I'll have to schedule a business trip tot my Cartersville shop soon...

Last minute change for us - landscaper is not making it, friend from Guntersville called and told my wife she needs 'a dance party', so headed down to boat for the day and drink tonight around their pool. I don't dance.

Talk to ya'll sunday

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Pics would be just an empty cove. I went early this afternoon and waved my tin patch material cylinders and no one waved back. We'll meet up before the end of summer.

EDIT - I only go out during the week - Too many crazies waving beer cans on the weekends. :eek:

GaBoater, what ramp do you used? I mostly go to Blockhouse. On Tuesdays we try to go out.

GA_Boater

I almost always use Red Top. It's the closest for me and is close to the dam. Tuesday looks nice - Only 82 for the high and sunny.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hope all's well. Another drowning on the lake today. thats 5 this year, none of them were wearning PFD's. Geez

yjanray

Petty Officer 1st Class
I almost always use Red Top. It's the closest for me and is close to the dam. Tuesday looks nice - Only 82 for the high and sunny.

I like always use Camp Creek South, unless its closed, then I go to block house. I just like the ramp better at Camp Creek

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well we've been out but haven't seen anyone ??? Has anyone been out ????

GA_Boater

I didn't go out this week, Sully. Hopefully during the coming mid-week. What cove are you lounging in?

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm cruising in the main ones from Park Marina & the Dam down to the Blockhouse area.

GA_Boater

I'm not going to chance it, Sully. They start showing up early on Friday before a long holiday weekend. Have fun!

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
We did it and it was great. Put in at Blockhouse and no one was on the ramp, all kinds of parking, no one was there. Cruised and hit all the coves from there to a little pass the Atl. Yacht club. One thing I noticed was, several boats, mostly pontoons had all girls on them, and all drinking beer. And they were having fun, singing, dancing, floating on tubes, wonder what was up with that ? A lot of boat traffic up and around the Dam and Park marina. Got on the water around 10am and came back around 6:30 and still pulled right up to the dock, I was the only one there. Great day.

GA_Boater

Maybe you got in the middle of the iboats cheerleader drills, Sully. :D. Glad it wasn't a busy or crowded day. I should have gone out.:blue:

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well guys, time is running out. The Corps is draining the lake, some ramps are already closed, and it's getting to be cooler days.