TN Waters / Where is everyone heading this weekend.

southkogs

Staff member
I'll be boatin' in the garage :D Week went nuts toward the end and I really didn't get to work on the boat at all. Y'all have fun out there.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey joe, were you anchored down in Marion County Park this morning. I ran up that way earlier today. A lot of freaking grass on top of water. I got it wrapped down my motor and almost overheated before I noticed it and ran back there to stop it.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
no sir we went to guntersville, only on the water for a few hours ran around visiting our old marina friends. Good news is new plugs and cleaned air filter made it run MUCH better, no low speed stalling and fired up while I was doing my 'pre start lube' cranking. Used to have to pump and rev up to start. But now I think need to set timing - in gear it runs too fast at idle speed. Still overheating a bit I'm sure that's risers so that will be my winter project.

Last edited:

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
sounds like you have fun ahead of you. I hope you had fun this weekend. I will have to change my plugs this winter. I gotta find a seal for my lower unit shift shaft. It leaks bad. I have to replace lower unit oil every other week. Or at least replace the water that is in it.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah if I do the transom this year, I'll have them do a bunch to the engine. If I wait one more year, I'll do the risers/manifolds myself. Pretty easy access thankfully.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So where are my TN water friends going this weekend?

I am heading down to nickajack lake.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well, I'm landlocked for a few weeks. Got to looking over the trailer suspension and not too safe so until I get it replaced it stays parked.

Catch a fish, take a pic.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
not sure I believe we will go in the morning. Radar shows rain in the area. Sorry to hear about your trailer being down. Get that trailer back up and going.

southkogs

Staff member
Still garage bound ... just got some parts this past week, but I took on a couple of projects that I figured the timing was right. Maybe next weekend, but it'll probably be Priest for me.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My throttle cable bracket on side of engine fell off while on the water. Idling 4 miles in rain sucks. Now I gotta find a new bracket or rig it up some way.

What projects you got going on?

southkogs

Staff member
I took it all apart for working on my overheat problem, and might now be facing a locked up upper. Not sure yet. I'm fixing the bracket for the swim deck (figured out I had a leak there). I'm gonna' put a new gasket on the exhaust manifold and I think I'm gonna' pull the valve cover and adjust the valve lash.

Assuming that all goes well we'll be back in a week or so (depending on work schedules).

southkogs

Staff member
dang this is supposed to be a get together thread not a repair thread....:blue:

kogs - here's a way you can get on the water this weekend if you aren't ready with your yours...

http://nashville.craigslist.org/lbg/4597066468.html
Don't sweat the repairs ... We've got a lot going on between work and a few other things in these several weeks. Even if she was runnin' like a champ, we'd probably not make it out anyway. I'm not that wound up about it yet :thumb:

... and NO WAY to the "barge of inebriation." Hope you put that one up on the CL topic ... that's pretty amazing :eek:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
oh thats a good idea I'll pop over there and paste it and yeah this year has been very busy for us since we sold the big boat. New pool, roof, house addition, fence/landscape. Then there's that whole pesky work thing.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
anyone getting out lately? Just got trailer parts ordered hope to get them on and make one more run down the gorge at nickajack for the fall colors.

southkogs

Staff member
I still got something broken ... and haven't had the free time to tear it all down and figure it out yet.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
sorry for delay in being forums. I have had an unfornate events surrounding my old boat.