TN Waters / Where is everyone heading this weekend.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sounds nice. I gotta get a swim ladder for my boat. Easy getting out and H**L getting back in. lol

But you are rubbing it in.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
sorry guys didn't mean to rub it in.

20140717_130237.jpg

ok - yes I did. :D

Today is a washout, both for running and for working on the boat, at least in the driveway. We store under cover a couple miles away may take over there and putz around. I did get one small project done - finally got the back windows sealed up with 4200. Getting tested as we speak from this nice soaking rain.

probably same tomorrow so won't be down this week nick. If you make it out - have fun and stay safe.

rj

southkogs

Staff member
^^^^ nice RJ.

If y'all make it out, keep an eye on the clouds. It's gonna' be a little tricky tomorrow.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Its suppose to rain harder here tomorrow. So if there is a chance to get out this weekend I will have to look at Sunday. Today has been a total wash out. I think some time in mid to late august I might go up to tim fords, or Normandy which ever one is closer to the house.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
hey guys what do you think about starting a new thread (or changing title on this one) to something generic about TN? We could list where we were headed that week and if anyone can join they would - kind of an open ended, open geographical invite? For me a two hour drive puts me at least 4 different waters and my minimum is an hour already.

southkogs

Staff member
hey guys what do you think about starting a new thread (or changing title on this one) to something generic about TN? We could list where we were headed that week and if anyone can join they would - kind of an open ended, open geographical invite? For me a two hour drive puts me at least 4 different waters and my minimum is an hour already.
Sounds cool ... and/or ... I bumped an old thread of mine: http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...ations/521188-favorite-tennessee-waters/page3 If we wanna' use that.

If not, just kick up a new thread kinda' like the "Calling all lake Meade Boaters" that's out there.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

southkogs

Staff member
You guys are talking locks here and I want to go through some locks. Why? Because I never went through a lock. :smile:
LOL - me too. And I almost had the nerve to go drop the Silverline into Old Hickory Lake, go through the lock and head downtown Nashville on the Cumberland for the fun of it (12 miles as I figure it) ... then I blew out on Priest last weekend. Now I gotta' build all that confidence back up again :D

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I changed title for thread. Yeah I wanna go thru locks too. But I will need longer ropes and a few more bumpers. lol Oh and another fuel tank. 6 gals only gets me about 18 - 22 mile round trip.

southkogs

Staff member
You can easily stash another 3 gallons on board. That little Glastron of yours is a cool boat. We had a couple of 'em on our lake when I was a kid.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Well I'm not sure how far away from you all I am, but we're going to Watauga lake this weekend to get some fishing in I hope.. Sorry to here you're having motor problems southkogs. Hope you're back in the water soon.

southkogs

Staff member
... Sorry to here you're having motor problems southkogs. Hope you're back in the water soon.
Thanks man. No worries. I think the kids were actually kinda' happy it broke - they wanna stay home a little :D

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
lol ^^ ?That's sounded like my wife last weekend. I carry a 5 gallon can on board but fumes make me high. I am think of getting another tank and just move fuel line over when its empty.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well I'm not sure how far away from you all I am, but we're going to Watauga lake this weekend to get some fishing in I hope.. Sorry to here you're having motor problems southkogs. Hope you're back in the water soon.

looked that up earlier and you are way north of me, and nick.

I'm (hopefully) going to stay home if our landscaper makes it. Otherwise on Tim's Ford Saturday.

Nick - I'll tow you around while you sit on the boat and have a beverage. You can hop off for the locks....

southkogs

Staff member
Coming your way Nick: headed up to Tri-Cities tonight. Have an unexpected meeting there tomorrow. Not gettin' near a lake I don't think though.

Tnstratofam

Commander
You won't miss anything up this way tomorrow I think it's going to rain all day. Friday and Saturday look pretty good though.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sounds awesome . I guess I can have a few mnt dews Yeah gonna rain tomorrow but off work for some business . Then maybe on lake Friday or Saturday beck maybe both. :)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Last minute change for us - landscaper is not making it, friend from Guntersville called and told my wife she needs 'a drunken dance party', so headed down to boat for the day and drink tonight around their pool. I don't dance.