any pointers for this lake (Percy Priest)

southkogs

Staff member
It can be pretty rocky. Where ya' puttin' in and where ya' going?

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I was looking at google earth, is there any sandy shoreline?
Just about everywhere I looked was rocks.

southkogs

Staff member
Not really - there's one "beach" that I know of: ANDERSON ROAD CAMPGROUND. But by beach they mean that the rocks are small enough and the shoreline is shallow enough that you can walk into the water.

Long Hunter and Suggs Creek both have swimming areas roped off like a "beach" but I don't know what they're like. I would think there's something up at Nashville Shores too - but I'm not sure how "sandy" any of them might be.

I think there's only one private dock on the whole lake.

That said: you can tie up / anchor off most of the islands and camp. Poole Knobs Island and Rivers Bend Island shallow up enough that you can walk from the boat to the dry shore, but are deep enough that you can not worry about the hull bottoming out at anchor / tied off to a tree or two.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
There are several places with "chert beaches" pig island,hole in the wall,bear island,pine island for camping purposes. Been walking and fishing it since middle 70's.

FrizFreleng

Seaman
Was there in late 2015. Bought a 28' cabin cruiser and pulled in back down to Florida. The boat was at a really nice marina, Fate Sanders. All slips are covered. Folks were very helpful getting it on the trailer. Was there a couple of days getting the boat ready for towing. No charge for storage. No charge for towing me from the slip to the boat ramp. Nice little restaurant. Possibly the worst food in Tenn served by the nicest people in Tenn.! Don't know much about the lake except that it looked beautiful from the shore.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Gods country.....Mt.Juliet.. Pickup up many a complete lower unit and props over on the"wall" going into Stewarts creek and between the island going down lake to Billy goat island.

southkogs

Staff member
Gods country.....Mt.Juliet...
Got friends out that way. Very nice. Didn't realize you were that close.

Is Billy Goat Island the one by Poole's Knob? I know Stewarts creek ... I can imagine how many legs are in there.

Sent ya' a PM.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
When we getting together? I think we have a forum for those...

I'm hoping to get to Knox to meet up with a couple folks but this unexpected Tampa trip is impinging on my avail time off. We'll see.

southkogs

Staff member
My weekends gotta' free up ... totally chasing my tail lately. I've been sneaking boat rides in here and there ...