Calling All Ontario Members

ryanorillia

Cadet
Hi Ryan. Welcome to Iboats and thanks for checking into this thread. I drove across the narrows bridge at Orillia last night about suppertime and noticed quite a bit of open water. That's certainly a good sign. You're probably a fisherman who can't wait for Orillia's perch derby to begin. I've added your info to the registry below.

Thanks! Yeah last was really lousy for perch derby I'm hoping it's a little better this year. I moved from the city two years ago so I'm still very new to this whole boating thing.

ryanorillia

Cadet
if anyone knows any omc guru's in the area i'd love to bring my 81 15hp johnson by..been having idle problems and tried everything i've seen online to fix it..

canuckmark

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey Ryan, Mark here from Orillia as well. Leatherdale has been good at getting parts for OMC, I deal with Holly. Never dealt with their service department though. My now former engine was a 1977 Johnson 85hp (just replaced it with a brand new Evinrude 60) and I always had starting problems with it. It's hard to find local old school guys up this way that you can trust - if I hear anything I'll let you know. I heard about a guy out Waubashene way.

Granddad, that section at the bridge always seems to be open to some degree, a lot like the other end of Couchiching up my way near Washago. Must be currents or something. But you're right, it is definitely opening up more and more. If anyone sees a boat doing 200 foot loops by the bridge on the Simcoe side it'll be me getting impatient wanting to try out my new motor!! Come on spring!

ryanorillia

Cadet
Hey Ryan, Mark here from Orillia as well. Leatherdale has been good at getting parts for OMC, I deal with Holly. Never dealt with their service department though. My now former engine was a 1977 Johnson 85hp (just replaced it with a brand new Evinrude 60) and I always had starting problems with it. It's hard to find local old school guys up this way that you can trust - if I hear anything I'll let you know. I heard about a guy out Waubashene way.

thanks Mark! I work at ideal supply (napa auto) feel free to come say hi sometime. I've ordered some parts from Shannon at leatherdale always been a pleasant experience.
The currents in between simcoe and couch are crazy especially right after the thaw, last year before i had a boat I would fish off the old train bridge in behind the wild wing and the current would take my lure super fast.

canuckmark

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We've probably talked before Ryan - I work at the "palace" up the hill and know some of the garage guys (Andre in particular) - they've referred me to you guys in the past. I will look u up next time I'm in.

The weather today looks promising!!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
An 81 model 15 hp is likely very repairable.----Send me a private message.---I travel through the Port Severn area on a regular basis.

ryanorillia

Cadet
An 81 model 15 hp is likely very repairable.----Send me a private message.---I travel through the Port Severn area on a regular basis.

racerone has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I have 20 / 25 of those 9.9 / 15 hp as parts motors.--If you are interested in help I can.

TRAILN

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm finding this thread late but its still going strong. Kudos

Been boating in southern Ontario for nearly 20 years.

Currently have a 2014 Princecraft and loving it.

Trailered boat and mostly day trips. Usually weekends and days off

Frequent Scugog, Rice, Simcoe and Big O Lake Ontario.

Love fishing, tubing, and cruising around. Always looking to explore new waters.

Got hooked on Salmon fishing last year and can't wait to start the season this year.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the water.

IMG_0476_zpshzdunxzi.jpg

canuckmark

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paging grandad...how's the Barrie marina looking ice-wise? It's opening up pretty good up my way but still has a ways to go in the middle.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Hi Mark. I may get "down by the bay" later today or maybe tomorrow. I'll give you a report of what I see. - Grandad

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Paging grandad...how's the Barrie marina looking ice-wise? It's opening up pretty good up my way but still has a ways to go in the middle.

Hi Mark. There's no ice whatsoever in the marina. This afternoon, I drove around the lakeshore in Barrie and when I looked east toward the center of Lake Simcoe, I think that there may have been a white line of ice on the horizon, but the bay was wide open. There weren't any boats in their slips yet; just drydocked nearby.
- Grandad
View attachment iBoats Ontario Members.pdf

canuckmark

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks grandad, good to hear. I repowered to a new e-tec this spring so I'm kinda jonesin to get out to try it!

Couchiching seemed to open up wide overnight. It's been windy recently so that's probably helped. Yeah, Ryan's right, lots of whitecaps. Up in gravenhurst today it was pretty much the same.

Ryan, since the perch festival is on now does that mean the downtown launch is up and running?

wrench 3

Commander
Couchiching seemed to open up wide overnight. It's been windy recently so that's probably helped. Yeah, Ryan's right, lots of whitecaps. Up in gravenhurst today it was pretty much the same.

Scugog was the same way. Two days from solid ice to nothing except for in the bull rushes.

ryanorillia

Cadet
Thanks grandad, good to hear. I repowered to a new e-tec this spring so I'm kinda jonesin to get out to try it!

Ryan, since the perch festival is on now does that mean the downtown launch is up and running?

downtown launch is definitely up, you may notice the building there burned down over the winter though