Calling All Ontario Members

wrench 3

Commander
Re: Calling All Ontario Members

Sorry i havnt been on in a week or two....I was up there last weekend ...the water has gone down maybe 18"....and yes i got the dock out...and inspired my neighbors to do the same..Boat washed waxed and even shampooed the carpets...Just got to wait for warm weather.

This morning is the first time that the blocks that I set the shore end of the dock on have been above water. I guess I'll have to start thinking about putting the dock in.
If you get the boat out this weekend ceasarea, keep a sharp lookout. There's still a lot of dock pieces (planks, 2X6s, etc) floating around our bay!

roffey

Commander

Just stumbled across this thread. I am in Winchester, near Ottawa. I do most of my boating on the Rideau canal and st Lawrence seaway with occasional trips to the Trent Severn waterway and Thousand Islands.

My boat is a 1984 Thundercraft Sunbird with a 370 488r (188 hp) merc. Boat is in very good condition and has been on a trailer, never left in the water and garage kept in the winter. It sits beside my 1991 Cadillac Brougham.

Attachments

• boat002.JPG
    boat002.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 0

bnicov

Petty Officer 1st Class

2 years late here. We used to boat out of Honey Harbour for 4 seasons on our 19ft Larson Fish'n Ski. We did the Tomb, Beckwith and went around the bend as far as Lafontaine. We've gone up to Henry's (incredible scenery). Went up Big Chute and went as far as Severn Falls. Now we typically boat on a smaller Muskoka lake and drop the boat into the Big 3 a few times a summer when the mood hits for a nice long run. Now that I have boated on GBay, I can boat anywhere!!!

ceasarea

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks....I think i will stick to the yard work There are tons of little branches everywhere and the kids are too busy at school. Please for it to warm up!

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the info roffey and bnicov. I have updated the Ontario members list with your info in the attached PDF. - Grandad

Attachments

• iBoats Ontario Members.pdf
    22.4 KB · Views: 0

jackr800000

Cadet
jackr800000

Boat Model
18' Tempest

Boat Use
Ski/Tube/Fish

Frequented Waters
Rice Lake/Trent

Possible Events
Tenting on Trent System

Last edited:

Starcraft_CSS

Seaman Apprentice
Hey everyone!!

Year and model of boat you currently have, its length and engine size and type: Sunbird Corsair 198 4.3 OMC
Your residence locality: Cobourg
Where do you boat and when/how often? We have been boating Paudash Lake where our Trailer was located for the last two years. Unfortunately the Park sold and closed and we moved everything down to a park in Stirling. So, this season we travel the Trent, have only boated between lock 7 and 8 but plan to do some tours through the locks this summer for sure.
Do you trailer boat or have a marina or cottage slip? Slip at our Trailer
What do you use your boat for: Day trips
Did you/do you build or rebuild your own boat? I do what work I can, have a knack for cleaning up boats really well.

Our friends and us docked in Glen Ross (Lock 7) for ice cream this past weekend.

p807598298-4.jpg

p1000879134-4.jpg

Last edited:

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Hi guys. Thanks for the info jackr800000. I've added your info to the member's list that I hope will attach below. Sorry for the late response. I've not been invested in the Iboats site while watching changes from the sidelines. I've also updated Starcraft_CSS's info. Thanks for the Glen Ross photos. It looks like a nice cruising area. - Grandad

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Hi guys. Thanks for the info jackr800000. I've added your info to the member's list that I hope will attach below. Sorry for the late response. I've not been invested in the Iboats site while watching changes from the sidelines. I've also updated Starcraft_CSS's info. Thanks for the Glen Ross photos. It looks like a nice cruising area. - Grandad

EDIT - Trying again to insert PDF.
EDIT edit - Still no go. Maybe one day.

Last edited:

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Well, Merry Christmas guys. Everyone repeat after me: "The days are getting longer and the nights are getting shorter", "the days are getting longer and the nights are getting shorter", "the days are getting longer and .........

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Let's hope there's an early end to winter. I thought you might like to see this shot of Barrie's waterfront taken 3 days ago by CTV Barrie. Rj dawg's place is high and dry, just off screen to the right. Where am I? I'm just off screen to the left and about 14" under the snow squall that stalled for a few hours over us. - Grandad

wrench 3

Commander
I checked in a little late for the merry Christmas but Happy New Year to all of you. Even that is a little belated.
I like the private Trent Severn sight http://www.trentsevern.com/newsite/. They run a countdown clock to the locks reopening. I just checked it and it was 124 days 21 hours 41 minutes 38 seconds. It gives us hope.:joyous:

CraigBarnard

Petty Officer 1st Class
West Marine closing.

Just found out West Marine is closing its Canadian locations.
Might be some goods deals coming up. I was in a store today with clearance items on 30% off.

TRAILN

Petty Officer 2nd Class
West Marine closing.

Just found out West Marine is closing its Canadian locations.
Might be some goods deals coming up. I was in a store today with clearance items on 30% off.

Nooooooo. Say it isn't true. I love that place.

ryanorillia

Cadet
Orillia here, my pride and joy is a 12' aluminum boat and my '81 johnson 15hp that i got towards the end of last season...did anyone else notice how light it stayed out for tonight?! This is also my first post although i've been reading these forums for quite some time. Thanks for all your help.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Hi Ryan. Welcome to Iboats and thanks for checking into this thread. I drove across the narrows bridge at Orillia last night about suppertime and noticed quite a bit of open water. That's certainly a good sign. You're probably a fisherman who can't wait for Orillia's perch derby to begin. I've added your info to the registry below.
- Grandad
View attachment iBoats Ontario Members.pdf