Calling All Ontario Members

littlerayray

Lieutenant
No problem
I am still in awe at how vast and mighty the st lawrence is and the variety of boats and ships it's amazing and I am still in awe at getting up close and personal with the big ships

cdnNick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
2 weekends ago we took the kids through the Rideau River locks and made it to Ottawa on the boat. Sadly, we didn't have enough time to make it to downtown Ottawa or we would have missed the last locks back up the river to our marina. It's was pretty awesome and the kids loved it. Don't think we will be able to do it again this season as my sons hockey season is about to start.

We started in Manotick and went through 7 locks at 4 different lock stations, we cruised around Dows Lake and just past TD Place (old Lansdowne stadium) before leaving. Even saw a pontoon boat that looks like a pirate ship that you can have private parties on. Slightly more then 2 hours one way through the locks.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Oh that's cheap I thought it would have been more may have to take a tent with me and do a good long trip next year maybe do the triangle

cdnNick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
They charge you for camping, like $3/person/night so its not too expensive. You can also get a season pass or a 6 day pass for smaller trips.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Showed my gf the potential triangle route (kingston, ottawa , montreal) I want to attempt next year she said what that in a day I said no about 4-5 days she said I was crazy

cdnNick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don't think age makes a difference for the lock fees.

Ray: I hope you are planning to trailer your boat? You'll never be able to boat that distance in 4-5 days.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
No nick I plan on boating through the whole thing it should take no more then 4 to 5 days though tbh

wrench 3

Commander
My wife is OK with 4-5 days. Trouble is that's what she considers to be a week. A weeks holiday to me is 9 days.

cdnNick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
4-5 days to go from Kingston to Ottawa wouldn't be enough time. It's about 15 minutes per lock and that's if you don't have to wait for it to come back the other way before you can enter. Plus it would leave very little time to do sight seeing.