The Gorge, George Washington

yjanray

Petty Officer 1st Class
So me and the wife went to see a Dave Matthews Concert this weekend in George WA. We flew into Seattle, and then drove the 2.5 hours east to George, WA. The drive out there was worth the trip alone, in my opinion. The Columbia River is amazing, and it seems so majestic. We were at the Gorge Amphitheater, which is right off of the Columbia River, and I saw boaters on the river, and couldn't help but think, I wonder if any iboaters were out there. Just wanted to see if anyone has boated around the Gorge Amphitheater, and if they caught a show from the river or what. If you are out there, I am jealous, that is some beautiful area you get to boat on!!!

Oshkosh1

Ensign
Re: The Gorge, George Washington

I lived in Lynnwood/Everett Wa during the early 90's and saw a few concerts at "The Gorge in George". Had a friend who owned riverfront property not too far from there. Never was on a boat during a show...but defineately a beautiful area! Memories!!

rowlex

Petty Officer 2nd Class

super cool place to boat. there is a really nice campsite/resort you can stay at in a place called crescent bar(near quincy). what you saw was a sandbar where all the partying takes place. I've been there during concerts and you can hear the music.

also on the way back to crescent bar resort, on the right side of the river there is a super cool cove that goes back about 40'. we have swam inside and there is a small area of sand you can step onto.

cbar.jpg

cbar2.jpg

cbar4.jpg

cbar3.jpg

cbar5.jpg

cbar6.jpg

Pusher

Lieutenant

super cool place to boat. there is a really nice campsite/resort you can stay at in a place called crescent bar(near quincy). what you saw was a sandbar where all the partying takes place. I've been there during concerts and you can hear the music.

also on the way back to crescent bar resort, on the right side of the river there is a super cool cove that goes back about 40'. we have swam inside and there is a small area of sand you can step onto.

cbar6.jpg

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but I didn't see a way to PM you... (I'm kindda new). I've heard there are volcanic pillars coming up from the bottom of the reservoir/river that can end your day. Is this true? Are there bouys to mark them? If not, are there maps displaying them or something?

You haven't boated below Vantage near Desert Aire have you? I'm thinking of getting my boat wet around there and then maybe salmon fishing if the run's any good this year.

Thanks Rowlex