Boating / water skiing near Manchester, New Hampshire?

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is there any lakes or rivers new Manchester, NH that are big enough and allow water skiing? I see Lake Winnepausakee (sp?), but it is a bit of a drive from Manchester. Is there anything closer?

Re: Boating / water skiing near Manchester, New Hampshire?

Security6

Just spend a good amount of time crafting a response and lost it when I tried to reply. I'll make this one short. Lake Winnipesaukee is only about an hour north of Manchester. It is a very easy drive up one higheway with 1 toll. The best lake for water skiing is Lake Winnisquam which is slightly southwest of Winnipesaukee. Great for skiing, there are not any large boat. The largest is around 24'. Attached are a couple of links to webcams. Most are for Lake Wiinipesaukee, but there is one for Lake Winnisquam on the Winnisquam marine website. The winnipesaukee.com site is similar to iboats. Pretty much cover the activities around the lakes as well as threads for discussions on various subject. This site keeps me connecting all winter. Although, as you may know looking at a site like this all winter can make you crazy. If you are planning a trip to the area this site will most definitely put you in touch with other who can give you suggestions. Enjoy.

http://www.rattlesnakecam.com/lakecams.htm

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/

NHGuy

Captain

Winni is good for skiing except that it's big so it builds a chop when there's a breeze or when it's busy. Find an isolated spot on the western and/or northern sides to get sheltered from prevailing winds. I'd say go to Center Harbor or between the west shore and Diamond or Rattlesnake Islands. You could get some flat water in the areas north of Melvin Bay too. Forget Meredith, it's like a traffic jam in there unless you are real early in the AM.

2000silvers2k

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Winnipesaukee is good, I spend most of my time on Winnisquam tho, smaller but still a decent sized lake, has a sand bar, a great boat ramp a couple of islands, very clean water and much calmer then Winnipesaukee. There are a few places around Manchester as well. the Merrimack river from hooksett to Manchester is O-K if you don't feel like driving far. (i stress OK) Sunapee is also only 45-55 minutes from manchester, boat launch situation sucks tho. There are also plenty of smaller lakes scattered around all over southern NH.

CaptainMak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Digging one from the past. If you're still looking, lake Sunapee is a GREAT, clean lake. Public launch is free in some spots, but parking is iffy. Another great lake is Newfound Lake near Alexandria. Free boat launch at the State Park there. If you want to park the boat and swim at the beach, it's $5/adult. One of the few lakes where you can actually get on the beach with the boat. Glen Lake in Goffstown is very small, but has a nice ramp, nice parking lot for trailers.

MikeM8560

Seaman Apprentice

Tranquility I see your at mountian View I used to be there years ago when it was gilford marina
Good memories

Tranquility I see your at mountian View I used to be there years ago when it was gilford marina
Good memories

The location is the best central to everything...Meredith and Wolfboro. All the slips are condo now. I do not own mine, but rent. Gilford Marine...that had to be some time ago.