Table Rock Lake, MO - Thoughts?

wingmastr23

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well - a friend of mine owns a resort on Table Rock - I haven't been there. I am planning on taking the fam there next year (just booked a cabin for 2 weeks.)

Anyone have any experience on this lake?

Are there any dockside restaurants you can recommend?

Fishing? I know we aren't gonna be there at the optimum time (End of August) but I am wondering how the fishing might be.

From the pictures, the lake itself looks beautiful!

My friend lives here in California - so he doesn't have a ton of local knowledge....and he doesn't fish.

larsonrider

Cadet
Re: Table Rock Lake, MO - Thoughts?

Absoultely gorgeous lake. Lots to do with all of the resorts on the lake itself. Its also real close to Branson which there is tons to do there also.

t-wood

Cadet

I know this post is older but table rock is a great lake. It was flooded but right now the level is 2foot high. I live in kc kansas and its the best near here. I scuba dive every time we go. Its not too busy, water is clear, people are friendly. We camp at kimberling city. Sorry I cant suggest any restraunts.

H3

Recruit

Need to check out the lake's paddle riverboat cruise. It comes with dinner/entertainment during the evening hours.

jbetzelb

Petty Officer 1st Class

It is a great lake. Huge, clean, deep, and warm. A couple places to eat around Kimberling City. A floating cafe at Indian point. Others also. Fishing is good but you have to fish pretty deep in July and August. I was down there the last week of July and water temp was 88 degrees. Bass were running around 30 foot down. Like previous post stated, a ton do to down in that area.

wingmastr23

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Much appreciated!