• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Johns River,Fl. cruise

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Johns River,Fl. cruise

Well, tomorrow AM the wife and I gonna drag the boat to Welaka, Fl. for our yearly 6 day cruise down the St Johns River, from there to Sanford and back is about as close to heaven as I've seen, we camp on the boat, check out the wildlife and gators, maybe have a beer or 2 with some P-nuts. I don't know how good it gets, but it's good enough for us river rats. Talk back with you folks on the May 9th, and if not, then guess we 'uns be in the belly of a gator!

Re: St. Johns River,Fl. cruise

Some of that trip is beautiful Old Florida. That is how it looked 200 years ago when the paddle wheelers were coming down the St. Johns for lumber, citrus, and cane sugar. We always look forward to our two long cruises each year. We run the entire length of the St. Johns, from the Jacksonville inlet all the way to my home berth in Lake Monroe.

Best of luck on your trip. Stay safe and have a great time!!
    2001 Carver Voyager 374 'Stick's Competition'

Something tells me I should be on the water....

If I answer your upholstery questions, it's only because I've been doing it 20+ years...

Comment

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy.
      sigpic1982 Baja 16ss

Comment

hope you got some video or pics ,,i love the river also

Comment

Do you know of any real nice RV Campgrounds on the St. Johns river or the chain of lakes we are looking for large lots and a upscale RV Park.

Comment

Nice looking RV park about 3 miles below Astor...good ramp for boats,etc....right in the middle of the prettiest part of St. Johns River.
            Several others up and down the river, but that one looks like a darn nice place...can't recall the name of it, but it'll be on the map!...

Comment

Hope y'all are having a great trip Robert. Happy Holiday boating!

P.S.
              Y'all snuggle up and stay warm on the water. It's been cold up here in N.FL the last couple nights!

Comment

Yeah, it's quite chilly up here in north Florida right now. Robert started this thread back in April 2011 so I'm thinking that he's not boating here right now. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all!

Danny
                2004 Stingray 200LX, Volvo 5.0GL
                1973 Sanger Runnerbottom, V-drive, BBC
                1972 Stevens Flatbottom, project boat
                1997 Yamaha GP1200
                1994 Yamaha WaveRaider
                2 X 1996 Sea Doo XP

Comment

Working...
                X