Any Illinois river boaters

scott8058

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Any Illinois river boaters

We love boating on the river, we put in and stay around the peoria area, altho would love to take a ride up to starved rock area. Anyone do much fishing out there?

TTavenier3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i go boating in i beilve its the red fox river. my grandmother owns a place on the river there befor the falls. i go there from time to time. hopefully when im done with this boat ill be able to get back out there with the newer boat.

gearjammer

Cadet

i go boating in i beilve its the red fox river. my grandmother owns a place on the river there befor the falls. i go there from time to time. hopefully when im done with this boat ill be able to get back out there with the newer boat.
Red Fox river? Is that anywhere near Compton?

TTavenier3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i believe its Streator, Il.
they own a tralior off the main highway

TTavenier3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

no im mistaked thats were my aunt lives. my grandma lives in aurora. Illinois. and i think its the red fox river but it might just be called the fox river.

TTavenier3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

switch that. i was right the first time i just pulled the address in my gps. it was Streator. off Hwy 17

WetRiverRat

Cadet

Ive been up to Boondocks on that pool. Great place, they have a big sandy beach to pull on to go eat or drink.

MJG24

Seaman

I boat on the Illinois River near Pekin/Peoria.

ravaneli

Cadet

Summit is $25 to launch.

Sorry to bring this from the dead, but have some news about the Summit ramp that can help somebody avoid a long unnecessary trip.

The city had a 40 year lease on the ramp that expired on June 5th, 2015, and the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District chose NOT to renew the lease to the Village of Summit. Instead, it chose to grant a lease to Mastercraft Marine LLC for 39 years. Most of us will be dead before this lease expires.

I was very saddened to find this out. I have fished in the area before I had a boat, and this is a REALLY NICE ramp, beautiful and well made, and I couldn't wait to dunk my trailer there and take my boat downtown, only to find this now : (. No more public access here. This is Chicago politics for you. Interestingly, when google-searching more details about the transaction, a documents pops out where both MWRD and Mastercraft Marine LLC donated to ObamaForAmerica fund. You can't fight with these guys, we just have to go somewhere else.

chrisvr6

Seaman Apprentice
So, is that going to be used strictly by a boat dealership or something?

floater212

Petty Officer 2nd Class
what's the river like from morris on down? need to get boat in finally! usually boat up by the des plaines / Kankakee area and it looks like a forest is floating down. water is lowering but still looks fast.

Winerocks

Cadet
Just got my first boat and planning to launch at Morris. Looks like some fun boating!

SSSuper83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well this is sad....as of tonight everything down stream is flooded and unboatable. As 17 to 21 footer outboards, this was our only option to do the downtown cruise. I know the launch was bought out, but are you sure the marina that owns it still doesn't charge for launches or let the public in??

SSSuper83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Might as well forget the Kankakee near Wilmington or the launches between the locks and Marseilles. Everything is closed due to flooding. Only place you can put in right now is Big Basin I believe

ravaneli

Cadet
The guy who used to work for the Summit public ramp said the private company will keep the ramp for personal use, so, closed for public.

What is the closest put in, now that this is closed?