Any Illinois river boaters

Wondering if there are any Illinois river boaters in here. I boat mainly between Morris and Seneca and Ottawa and Utica. Just wondering if you guys are out there!

AlmostFamous

Seaman
Re: Any Illinois river boaters

We're out there. I boat in/around Peoria section of river. What's the river like up north? Furthested up I've been is Hennepin area.

Down here it's nice when the water's up early in the season. After that, the asian carp are so bad I head for the lakes.

douglas1978

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice to see some of us are on the same river i launch by morris i have a campground there had the boat out last wed was fun the kids said it was cold but they had a blast

TilliamWe

Banned

We're out there. I boat in/around Peoria section of river. What's the river like up north? Furthested up I've been is Hennepin area.

Down here it's nice when the water's up early in the season. After that, the asian carp are so bad I head for the lakes.

River is nice, but crowded up his way. You really should go all the way to Starved Rock Dam, and lock through someday.
And come on, the carp aren't so bad that you can't go boating. Most of the time they don't even bother you.

AlmostFamous

Seaman

Starved Rock Dam area does look cool. I'll see about getting up there this summer. No, the carp arent so bad that you can't boat, I just do not like them. I've had them jump in the boat a few times; NOT FUN! I'm a wimp :( .

TilliamWe

Banned

Starved Rock Dam area does look cool. I'll see about getting up there this summer. No, the carp arent so bad that you can't boat, I just do not like them. I've had them jump in the boat a few times; NOT FUN! I'm a wimp :( .

go, you won't be sorry.

douglas1978

Petty Officer 2nd Class

to the guys who put in morris, il, across from the boat launch the mazon river dumps into the illinois go up the river a few miles (when it forks stay to the right, left when coming back, warning very shallow need a boat that only needs 10 inches of water to float i use a jon boat with a merc 2006 4 stroke 40 hp) great jug fishing. If you take it slow and learn to navigate the river you can set the jugs the night before go back in the morning and pick up your catfish. I use cut up pool noodles for jug fishing

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We boat out of Boondocks, and hang out at little beach.

TimBobCom

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm WAY downstream of you guys from the confluence with the Mississippi up to Hardin is all further I have been so far...

bluto3166

Cadet

We slip our boat in Seneca.She will be at Hiddencove again this year (once I'm done with the stringers and deck). Prior to this we spent several years at Boondocks. Really fun section of river, bars/restaurants can be lots of fun. I've never had a 'problem' with Asian carp, I have seen them,but not as bad as the media has made them out to be.As much as I hate to trailer, we might go to Peoria this year, it looks like a lot of fun 'down there'.

odie241

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am located in the Quad Cities,I either launch from sunset Marina in Rock Island,or in Moline,by I.H we usually cruise down to Buffalo beach,had some great times there

mgorczak

Cadet

Hey Cadet - I boat the illinois near Morris/Seneca - white mastercraft...was out last night...

mgorczak

Cadet

We slip our boat in Seneca.She will be at Hiddencove again this year (once I'm done with the stringers and deck). Prior to this we spent several years at Boondocks. Really fun section of river, bars/restaurants can be lots of fun. I've never had a 'problem' with Asian carp, I have seen them,but not as bad as the media has made them out to be.As much as I hate to trailer, we might go to Peoria this year, it looks like a lot of fun 'down there'.

Hey bluto when will you be going out again...hard to meet folks on the illinois in the morris seneca area of the river...

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Taking the family out on the river this weekend. Might anchor by hidden cove.

Nutron

Seaman

Ya, my family and I boat the rock river by Dixon Il, and also by Oregon Il. Not to bad, we have been lucky this year with all of the rain, the river has stayed pretty deep from the past years, It has been a fun summer so far. To bad it is winding down. And yes, everyone has to boat the Illinois river by Starved Rock, it is a beautiful site, and fun to boat.

cb1313

Recruit

Looking for information about Ill. rivers. I have family in Bryon , Ill. and would like to bring my 27 cabin cruiser up from Arkansas to cruise the river. My family in Bryon, Ill are NOT boaters and tell me the river is NOT deep enough for my boat. I am not sure how deep my boat sits in the water but do you boats think I can travel the river there ?

thanks for any help Cb

TilliamWe

Banned

cb, the Illinois River is the commercially navigable waterway between The Great Lakes and the Mississippi River. Do you think it's deep enough? Now, outside the channel, sure it's only 3 feet deep, but you can still get to what you need.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hidden Cove / Seneca yacht Club. We sometimes anchor in the little cove there between S.Y.C and Spring Brook Marina. Only 5-7 feet deep but out of current so its nice to have the radio on and float around. We may be out again Labor day weekend.

Imogen123

Banned

the guys who put the Morris, IL, in front of the boat Mazo River landfill in Illinois for a few miles up the river (such as forks from left to right, left, return, notice a very low need a boat only needs 10 cm of water to float I, Jon boats Merc 2006 4 stroke 40 hp), a large jug fishing. If you take slowly and learn to navigate the river, you can set the jars in the morning and evening to go back for the catfish. I cut the fishing pool noodle pot