• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

just wanted to see how many iboaters cruise there boats on lake mead here in nevada and arizona.Tell me and everyone else about yourself and your boating activities.Me, im building my boat right now,should be ready by spring.I always launch at calville bay and fish,camp and explore this area well now for over 20yrs.Man i love my dog too.

My awesome dog is gone now, i will miss her!!updated on 9/30/2013
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jjacobs007; September 30th, 2013, 03:52 AM.
    Always stay clear of the ladder boss.(Captain Ron)

Re: calling all lake mead boaters! nevada

I moved this over to Boating Activities Jacob. Kind of where we keep these type threads. This summer was the first in a long time that I did not cruise Mead. We hang mostly at Havasu, but the entire family missed Mead terribly, but it just didn't work out . . .

There are many Mead threads here. I've posted a a lot in them with favorite coves etc. There are about 10 of us that usually respond to Mead threads. Stay tuned, they'll come out of the woodwork . . .
    Torque gets you there. Horsepower gets you there in time for dinner.

Comment

wont be me this winter.

jill spent my mead budget on moving her 310 into a covered slip. $180 more a month.

if i do manage to get the 230 down there it wont be for the 3 months i normally spend at lake mead marina.
      sigpic
      Women are Angels.

Comment

We have a fisher 180 fish and run Lake Mead year round. Mostly on mondays as I have sunday and monday off. (motorcycle dealership) Our boat is the CAREVEL and we mostly use it for fishing. We were putting in at boulder harbor, but since it closed due to low water levels, we now launch at hemmenway. If you see us out on the lake, come along side and we'll show you the modifications we made. Some of them may be useful for any type of boat. Can't miss us; carevel lettering looks like an old sailing ship.

Comment

cool, thanks for responding! I also love fishing at mead and have been boating there since 1990. I know where the big horn sheep are and the donkeys and even owls so big they will make your eyes look small.I have several coyote friends there that i met when they moved las vegas bay to its new location.And as far as the fishn im the man!!!!Stripers,large mouth and everything between i know the structure and patterns.I would love to see your boat and check out what you have done.Mine is undergoing a make over you can find it in my blogs.Im also a W.F.N. ambassador(north west) on lake mead for the highest rated fishing channel.hit me back!

Comment

Originally posted by jaxnjil View Post
            wont be me this winter.

jill spent my mead budget on moving her 310 into a covered slip. $180 more a month.

if i do manage to get the 230 down there it wont be for the 3 months i normally spend at lake mead marina.
            let me know if i can help!

Comment

Originally posted by PGFISHER View Post
              We have a fisher 180 fish and run Lake Mead year round. Mostly on mondays as I have sunday and monday off. (motorcycle dealership) Our boat is the CAREVEL and we mostly use it for fishing. We were putting in at boulder harbor, but since it closed due to low water levels, we now launch at hemmenway. If you see us out on the lake, come along side and we'll show you the modifications we made. Some of them may be useful for any type of boat. Can't miss us; carevel lettering looks like an old sailing ship.
              i replied to your blog,check it out lake mead boaters!

Comment

I keep my 26 in san diego but i fish willow beach (backside of the dam) at least every other week. Nice stripers down there and trout stocked every fri morn all year round.

Comment

I haven't been to Mead much the past few years, but did get out there with the family 3 times this year, swimming, fishing, sleep on the boat or camp out. We go out of Echo Bay and it's drying up pretty bad with the low lake level. All of my old fishing hot-spots are all 30' up on shore now...

Like Sheyd, my stomping grounds is Willow Beach / Lake Mohave. I'm Usually down there a couple times a month chasing big stripers,,, if I can.

What's up with the boat rebuild?
                  2001 Crestliner SuperHawk 1800, Mercruiser 140HP
                  2007 Tracker 1436 jon boat, 7.5HP Force

Comment

Originally posted by fishrdan View Post
                    I haven't been to Mead much the past few years, but did get out there with the family 3 times this year, swimming, fishing, sleep on the boat or camp out. We go out of Echo Bay and it's drying up pretty bad with the low lake level. All of my old fishing hot-spots are all 30' up on shore now...

Like Sheyd, my stomping grounds is Willow Beach / Lake Mohave. I'm Usually down there a couple times a month chasing big stripers,,, if I can.

What's up with the boat rebuild?
                    echo bay is awesome!,me and my brother go there once a year for 2 days for fishing and camping.we like the darkness there and the donkeys are everywhere!Im rebuilding a 1971 atarcraft center console now the blogs are on stripersonline if you wish to see them.search 1971 starcraft in forums if you want to see the build up!

Comment

Im a DieHard Echo Bay fan as well. been going there exclusively for 18 yrs now. Only made it out 3 times this year, but went 13 times the year before. hopefully 2011 will work out better. I hope the hotel opens back up soon, thats our main reason for going. gets the little ones out of the heat for a while. I have gone to Calville a few times the past couple years and it looks like they take care of the place well. I got a negative opinion one day waiting over 1 hr to retrieve though. but that was at the old launch ramp, i guess they have a new one now. I need to explore more, but its hard when i can just go right back to where im comfortable.

Good to see a new local on here! Let me know if you ever need anything, ill try to help.
                      Samuel Adams. Always A Good Decision.
                      1987 5.0 OMC capri 1950CX bowrider, 3 bow 6 ft. Westland bimini
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redone4x4 View Post
                        Im a DieHard Echo Bay fan as well. been going there exclusively for 18 yrs now. Only made it out 3 times this year, but went 13 times the year before. hopefully 2011 will work out better. I hope the hotel opens back up soon, thats our main reason for going. gets the little ones out of the heat for a while. I have gone to Calville a few times the past couple years and it looks like they take care of the place well. I got a negative opinion one day waiting over 1 hr to retrieve though. but that was at the old launch ramp, i guess they have a new one now. I need to explore more, but its hard when i can just go right back to where im comfortable.

Good to see a new local on here! Let me know if you ever need anything, ill try to help.
                        echo bay is awesome!been taking my 2 day camping trips there for 3yrs now,once we went there and it was so hot that we burned up in a matter of hours and had to stay in the lodge there to cool off.I once went bike riding there while we were staying at the campground and i left when it was daylight,but as i returned it was so dark that i was scared to ride through the campground loop with no lights on bike,there were donkeys everywhere and i couldnt see one foot in front of me,fearing that id run into a angry donkey i got off bike and walked with hand in front of face to my spot.As for calville its new launch ramp is awesome too,no more big hill to walk up!!!!!fishing there is great!oh ya i caught 34 stripers at echo bay last yr in a matter of 30minutes!i will never forget that memory!comfortable is good,but i like to explore new things and it is always worth it! same too you if you need anything im always there for you too bro! your boat looks familiar to me imsure you have seen me there if not once than twice!i usto have a older red ranger bass boat.

Comment

I do remember quite a few boats from over the years that we have seen there several times.... I like your center console, I always thought it would be cool to have one for a while. QC is good at knowing the lake and river like the back of his hand, thats for sure! provides lots of good info on just about any area. ive been meaning to meet up with at least one of u guys out there but it hasnt happened yet. Jaxnjill goes to echo sometimes also.
                          Echo built a new launch ramp last year to accomodate the low water levels, dont know if you made it out there since then. its nice, but it too seems kinda temporary unless they move the marina to the north a bit which they were talking about also.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redone4x4 View Post
                            Echo built a new launch ramp last year to accomodate the low water levels, dont know if you made it out there since then. its nice, but it too seems kinda temporary unless they move the marina to the north a bit which they were talking about also.
                            Is that the temp ramp along the south side of Echo Bay or something different? Last I was out there (july???) they had a temp ramp with steel mats and 1/2 mile of dirt road to the parking lot. It would be nice to see that change.

I hope the lake comes up a bit and Echo turns around. Kind of a shame to have that new road and repaved parking lots with no traffic going out there. Though,,, that's what I like(d) about Echo, not a lot of people went out there.
                            2001 Crestliner SuperHawk 1800, Mercruiser 140HP
                            2007 Tracker 1436 jon boat, 7.5HP Force

Comment

Originally posted by fishrdan View Post
                              Is that the temp ramp along the south side of Echo Bay or something different? Last I was out there (july???) they had a temp ramp with steel mats and 1/2 mile of dirt road to the parking lot. It would be nice to see that change.

I hope the lake comes up a bit and Echo turns around. Kind of a shame to have that new road and repaved parking lots with no traffic going out there. Though,,, that's what I like(d) about Echo, not a lot of people went out there.
                              yep that sounds like it. And they had golf carts to shuttle you back and forth to the parking area. But after you launched, it was still only about 2 boat widths wide at the narrowest point leaving the marina. a little challenging when its windy and busy. You are right, its nice to see all the improvements but its baffling that after all that paving (big $$$$$), they close the hotel. Yep, not alot of people went there and thats the reason I kept going lol. for years. Even on a holiday weekend it wasnt all that bad.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X