Brookville lake IN: Water Temp.

Just wondering if anyone was at brookville this weekend and knew what the water temp was. I will be down there all next weekend to camp and boat and was just wondering

Thanks

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Brookville lake IN: Water Temp.

I was just their last night for a couple hours it was 79 and feels great. I was just looking around this section to see if anybody else uses brookville lake on this site.

StevenT

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the link

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

They haven't updated the water temp page for Brookville since 11/3/10.

And it seems like the top water might be 55 degrees now.

corbin5754

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I live in indy and never been to brookville lake how far from indy is it do they have cliffs u can jump off of

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Depends were at in indy you can get to the lake towing in about a hour. No there is no cliffs to jump off. I will start a thread tonight with some pictures of the lake flooded really bad right know.

jeffbyrd66

Cadet

You say the lake is flooded really bad right now can you sill use the boat ramps as I know they are wide and steep. Also is there alot of debris floating right now as I am from the Indy area and the like here are not clear enough to boat in due to all of the rain.

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Look in this section I made a thread called brookville lake flooded I posted a link that shows how bad the lake is I would not launch.

jeffbyrd66

Cadet

Saw the Pictures and i must say that is really high and agree I would not launch either.

Thanks!!

Silly Seville

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey fellas, I'm in Indy as well. I usually go to Monroe, but have occasion to go to Brookville when visiting family in Cincy. We should put some dates together for an Indiana/Ohio meet and greet.

Mr Crabbs

Petty Officer 1st Class

Army Corps listed Brookville Lake May 4 at 19.1 ft above summer pool, elevation 767.1 breaking the previous record set in 2005.

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Yea It is coming back down It is about 7 feet over summer pool I am going to try to lauch tuesday or wednesday so I can get some time on the fresh motor. I spend allot of time at brookville so just let me know if anybody comes up with a date just pm me. There are so nice no wake zones that we could all meet up at.

Silly Seville

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Regarding no wake zones...the Quakertown harbor is a fantastic place to launch and troll around or beach nearby! If memory serves me correctly, from Q-town south to the channel is about 1.5 miles of no wake, and a mile north to the marshes. Bad Bowtie. let us know how the water is ASAP. We might bring the Seville to the Q-town ramp on Saturday or Sunday this week if the marina isn't clogged with debris.

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

It should be right at summer pool now, I now the rain last night might have raised it some.

We will be out there sunday from 11 to later in the evening. Should be a good time.