• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Hartwell, SC/12 mile

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Hartwell, SC/12 mile

The wife and I are planning to tow the boat up to Clemson on May 29 for the weekend. Our son is a student at the University and he and his friends want to ski, wakeboard, etc.

Does anybody have any information about the boat launch at 12 mile?
    sigpic
    It isn't easy being GREEN

Re: Lake Hartwell, SC/12 mile

I don't know about that launch, but I can tell you to avoid the one at the Marina at the first exit in Georgia. It was so steep I couldn't pull the boat up the ramp- honestly, we had to unhook it and get a 4WD guy to pull it up for us, and the boat was only a 4 Winns 17ft bowrider.

There is a campground just off mile 1 in SC and maybe a mile north that has pretty good facilities. We stayed there more than once, and really enjoyed being able to tie the boat up at our campsite each night.
    Gulf Coast - Inverness Florida
    Blackberry BOLD 9000 - AT&T
    Imperial VC230 5.7L V8
    AQ231B & Alpha One TR

sigpic

Comment

Re: Lake Hartwell, SC/12 mile

Thanks, we're coming from the east (SC side).
      sigpic

Comment

Lake Hartwell, SC/12 mile ramp & recreation

For anyone interested: the 12 mile boat landing, recreation area is very nice, great ramp, parking, etc. It's in Clemson itself and very easy to access. The ramp is not steep at all. We used it this past Memorial Day weekend.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X