What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

i dont know about a stereo but i know i have zero cell service at bartlett and good 3g in the main part of pleasant, but nothing up the river. i assume you would pick up some stations at pleasant though, just have to run an antenna.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Is anybody out there? if you are then have you been to pleasant lately? The website says only 50% full, and I'm curious how it is at such a low level. I'm thinking of a sunday trip.

Reinell-BRXL-191

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was at Pleasant last week.. Water was low, we hit spots that we normally pull the tube thru that were 15 feet or less...( normally 30+) gets a little scary, because a lot more things are sticking up out of the water... the water is almost hot... the air temp was 112, and sticky... so the water had little effect on cooling you... We always go on "Watercraft Wednesday" there is almost no one there in the middle of the week.. I won't even think about going to Pleasant on a weekend... too many drunk idiots in boats too large for the space...

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Howdy; I love this thread. I miss my Az home more days are than ever thought I could. This thread let's me be there for a few minutes. I posted once Bartlett was my favorite. For fishing it is. Apache is my favorite for beauty.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

so we ended up going to pleasant on sunday. definitely a bit crowded, and a bit low on water but it wasn't a big deal for us. its just me and my girl so we usually just go anchor someplace and float around in our life jackets with a bit of cruising. party cove was a happening place lol. the water was definitely a bit warm for my taste, but my girl loved it. once it was evening time and we got in some shade behind the cliffs it was absolutely gorgeous out. we didn't have any trouble except getting cutoff by crazy jetskis flying every-which way but it wasn't to bad. we did get to end our day by some drunk idiots fighting at the boat ramp about how to load a boat. there were little kids everywhere and it was full fledged "F**K YOU IM RIGHT YOU MOT**RF**KER" back and forth for 15 minutes. i felt embarrassed for them and the family's they were with. but i quietly loaded my boat up and went on my way. all in all a great sunday at the lake.

Colesifer

Recruit

just got my hands on my first I/O..looking to go out to Pleasant Saterday if anyone else will be out there. I picked up a 96 Glastron 185. should be alot of fun.

dizzy1

Seaman

Time to bring back the Arizona boating thread from the dead! Anyone have any issues at Saguaro with the microorganisms causing itching? Was on AZ Central few weeks back but been out there 3 times so far this year and no issues. I only hit Sandy beach so wondering if its towards the front bay area only.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dizzy thanks for bringing this thead back to live. I don't know what it is but my boating activities this year has been really low. I get to get my lazy butt to the lake.

dizzy1

Seaman

Yeah lakes this year have been busy, Saguaro was seeing 8am cutoffs in early May! Seen many wake boats at Canyon since Saguaro was full so fast. I've been out a lot this year since got a new to me boat, so my girlfriend loves getting up early to go boating. lol haha.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yeah lakes this year have been busy, Saguaro was seeing 8am cutoffs in early May! Seen many wake boats at Canyon since Saguaro was full so fast. I've been out a lot this year since got a new to me boat, so my girlfriend loves getting up early to go boating. lol haha.

Have you been to pleasant? How is the water level?

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Still alive! We didn't go to the lake once last year but are looking forward to a great summer. Let's go boating!

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Went to Bartlett form overnighter on sat. Was really low water level but still plenty of lake to enjoy. One perk is the big sand bar I exposed at the low level and it was a lovely place to stay the night.

dizzy1

Seaman

Did Saguaro last 2 weekends, water still little chilly but not too bad once you been in for 5 minutes. Hasn't been filling up as fast so able to get there little later than normal before they fill up. Think they were messing with everyone opening/closing the dams. Back beach went up, down a few feet in just minutes, every boat was beached. Then up in about 20 minutes, then back down. Bet they were in the dam control room laughing watching some video of everyone freaking out. lol

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We've been busy. Bartlett, pleasant, apache, Mohave. Pleasant is def my least favorite. Soooo many people acting like fools. I was cut off by so many boats towing tubes I was scared to just cross the lake. And the chop that gets kicked up is crazy on a busy sat.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We've been busy. Bartlett, pleasant, apache, Mohave. Pleasant is def my least favorite. Soooo many people acting like fools. I was cut off by so many boats towing tubes I was scared to just cross the lake. And the chop that gets kicked up is crazy on a busy sat.

dizzy1

Seaman
Yeah my buddy was at Pleasant few weeks back, said the party go-ers were crazy. Saguaro was nice last week, in afternoon everyone was on back beach so nice and smooth out by butchers, great for wakeboarding and tubing without anyone around to avoid. Heading out again this weekend. Did see everyone starting to show up earlier again now that the season is here. If you are not at the gate by 8, you are partying in the overflow lot. lol, its hot on that asphalt

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer
My favourite would be Apache if not for the dirt road but that just makes it the least crowded one. Usually go to Canyon Lake. Roosevelt is very nice but a long drive. The distance between marinas to re-fill are also a bit long for my taste. Hate to get there on fumes.
Saguaro is one to avoid especially on weekends and even more on long weekends (like the upcoming July 4th).
My only trip to Pleasant was two trips in one. The first and the last one.......

Now I have to get my alpha drive sealed up again to go boating......

Last edited:

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
just got the boat going For this year and I plan on spending a considerable amount of time at the lakes. we're going to Mohave this weekend and I'm also thinking of doing the river run to Havasu. loving this az February

QC

Supreme Mariner
I was in Havasu last weekend. Great weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.