What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade
What is your Favorite Phoenix AZ area Lake. I hope to hit all of them this Summer.

Sagurao
Pleasent
Bartlett
Apache
Canyon
Roosevelt

Last edited:

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Uh, you forgot the important ones, South to North, Martinez, Moovalya, Havasu, Mohave, Mead and Powell . . . :p

Nah I wont hit those Far away lakes the first year with my Newly Puchased Boat.

Thanks.

MRS

Commander

Aw, New boat you got to do Havasu and cruise under the bridge at least once you got to. I think it is a law in Arizona?:)

Drowned Rat

Captain

I hate Lake Bartlett and Apache. Dreadful lakes!

Go to lake pleasant and canyon lake. That's where all the cool peeps go.

Just remember, stay the hell away from Bartlett and Apache.
Also don't waste your time on Lake Powell or Mead, they are half empty anyway and completely worthless. Nothing to see but a bunch of boring rocks. I can go in my backyard and count rocks.

In fact I wouldn't recommend Arizona as a boating destination at all. Don't waste your time around here. Just move on down the road, nothing to see.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, Powell sucks :D :D :D LOL @ DR ;)

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Also don't waste your time on Lake Powell or Mead, they are half empty anyway and completely worthless. Nothing to see but a bunch of boring rocks. I can go in my backyard and count rocks.

In fact I wouldn't recommend Arizona as a boating destination at all. Don't waste your time around here. Just move on down the road, nothing to see.

Well I will try out all the Valley Lakes and make my own Judgement. You said nothing about Roosevelt. That lake is a 100% full right now.

I live in AZ and have no desire to move anywhere else So I will take what I can get.

Thanks.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

This one made me smile because I also like to protect my favorite spots. Seriously, AZ is a great boating destination. Our weather can't be beat. I was up on a slalom ski on Presidents Day. The air temp was in the mid 70's, but water temps still in the mid 50's. Thank goodness for a drysuit. Still have not made it to Apache, but I do love Bartlett. Pleasant is too convenient for me to stay away, but that is also the reason why the rest of Phoenix is there.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Sarcasm is clearly not working in this thread.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

Sarcasm is clearly not working in this thread.

Agreed. I was hoping that my comment about smiling and protecting favorite spots would be a clue. Those that have been on this forum for while know that Drowned Rat loves the desert lakes.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i love Apache the best....

most people with there big fancy boats stay away since it is only accessible via dirt road... so its usually nice and quiet..

i just got my first boat (i have been boating since a kid but i took my step into man-hood with this purchase) and i hope to do a ton of boating this summer...

im gonna be heading to bartlett on tuesday...

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Went to Canyon Yesterday. Nice Lake and very scenic. Ok now the bad. Alot of floating wood in the Narrow Parts of the lake. So you have to be careful. The drive was about 45 minutes from Gilbert and the roads going in was nice.

We had a nice day of boating yesterday.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Agreed. I was hoping that my comment about smiling and protecting favorite spots would be a clue. Those that have been on this forum for while know that Drowned Rat loves the desert lakes.

I had to smile when I read your other post, I even had a comment ready for it, but figured I should read on first.

I was going to tell the OP that since I do not live in AZ anymore, definately hit those lakes.:p:D

I actually have never been on a lake I did not like in AZ. Even the small ponds like Patagonia.

I don't know if I traveled more miles pulling the boat to different lakes or in the boat on all the lakes:rolleyes:
I know I sure do miss it though:(

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

How is the Ramp conditions at Apache Lake. Is Apache Lake Bigger than Canyon?

azirish77

Cadet

I would have to say that my favorite right now is Bartlett. I was just up there for 3 days/nights this past week. If you can find a spot, it is definitely one of the best palces to camp. Here are the rest of mine in favorite order...

2. Canyon- Small but good camping spots right on the water
3. Roosevelt- Nice that it is full, but this takes away alot of shoreline camping
4. Pleasant- 15 minutes from my place is hard to pass up.
5. Saguaro- Havent been there in awhile
6. Apache- Cool lake, but not worth it for me. Dirt road is brutal

Obviously I like to camp for a few nights, so that is what I base most of my opinions on. I plan on staying busy this summer!

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would have to say that my favorite right now is Bartlett. I was just up there for 3 days/nights this past week. If you can find a spot, it is definitely one of the best palces to camp. Here are the rest of mine in favorite order...

2. Canyon- Small but good camping spots right on the water
3. Roosevelt- Nice that it is full, but this takes away alot of shoreline camping
4. Pleasant- 15 minutes from my place is hard to pass up.
5. Saguaro- Havent been there in awhile
6. Apache- Cool lake, but not worth it for me. Dirt road is brutal

Obviously I like to camp for a few nights, so that is what I base most of my opinions on. I plan on staying busy this summer!

Thank you for your thoughts. I think I will steer clear of Apache. I don't like the dirt roads.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Arizona has water??? Who knew? :confused:

LOL Yes and we can even boat year round. While most of you are winterizing your boats and shoveling snow. I will be out on my Boat dreaming of Catching the Big one. ;)

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Water big enough to have fish? OMG!!!

I was in (just outside about 50 miles) Pheonix last summer and thought I was going to die from the heat. Don't know what the actual temp was because all the themometer said was, You got to be ___ing me.

Curious, do any of the larger lakes allow private ownership around them or does the government own everything?

I haven't been to every lake but from the Looks of it the government owns the Land around it.

Take AZ as you wish. I love it here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I have several ways to beat the heat. I will be at the lake this weekend and where will you be?

Ace52

Petty Officer 3rd Class

anyone got any pics of these lakes ? I'm originally from AZ but now live in ****ty illinois would love to see some of home land.

Status
Not open for further replies.