Ohio River WEBN fireworks Cincy, good locations to watch?

Starcraft Enterprise

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was planning on taking my boat on the Ohio river to watch the WEBN fireworks in Cincinnati on 9-6-09. Any of you ever watched from the water before? Any suggestions on which ramp to launch from? Good places to anchor and watch? Hints and tips?

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Ohio River WEBN fireworks Cincy, good locations to watch?

The two times we took the boat to the fireworks we put in at Cony Island At the 275 bridge. Get there EARLY so you can get down river (about a 10 mile run) and find a good spot. We have not gone to the fireworks in about 5 years so i cant tell you where to anchor but i would stay close to the bank. Also i would stay late till all boats clear out or better yet spend the night on the river. Have fun its a blast, wish i was going this year.

Starcraft Enterprise

Petty Officer 1st Class

The two times we took the boat to the fireworks we put in at Cony Island At the 275 bridge. Get there EARLY so you can get down river (about a 10 mile run) and find a good spot. We have not gone to the fireworks in about 5 years so i cant tell you where to anchor but i would stay close to the bank. Also i would stay late till all boats clear out or better yet spend the night on the river. Have fun its a blast, wish i was going this year.
That sounds good, where exactly is the public ramp? I looked on google maps at that area and seen some ramps but I could not tell which was private and which was public.

Starcraft Enterprise

Petty Officer 1st Class

What about Riverside Boat Launch Ramp? 3540 Southside Ave, Cincinnati, OH
Anybody ever use this one? Is it safe to leave your truck parked there?

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

The Cony Island ramp is right at the 275 bridge from Ohio to Kentucky. Take the Kelloge ave exit turn left cross back under 275 Cony Island is on the right. Its well lit up and fenced in. There are a few public ramps closer to down town but they will be very busy and harder for you to find on your return trip in the dark. The 275 bridge is the first bridge you come to thats away from down town and that a good land mark to find you ramp. Just a warning when we went, there were thousands of boats there and after the fire works it can get a little crazy real fast so sit and wait for things to calm down. Also i have herd the Coastguard is not as nice as they use to be with booze on the boats so use caution there as well.

Starcraft Enterprise

Petty Officer 1st Class

The Cony Island ramp is right at the 275 bridge from Ohio to Kentucky. Take the Kelloge ave exit turn left cross back under 275 Cony Island is on the right. Its well lit up and fenced in. There are a few public ramps closer to down town but they will be very busy and harder for you to find on your return trip in the dark. The 275 bridge is the first bridge you come to thats away from down town and that a good land mark to find you ramp. Just a warning when we went, there were thousands of boats there and after the fire works it can get a little crazy real fast so sit and wait for things to calm down. Also i have herd the Coastguard is not as nice as they use to be with booze on the boats so use caution there as well.
Good thinking about the landmark and thanks for the directions. Ya, after it is over with I will just sit back and watch the boat traffic jam, I bet it is a sight to see. Would probably be a good time to go ahead and fire up the grill to kill time. Thanks for the tips.

Starcraft Enterprise

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bump, any new info or recommendations?