Anyone going to Bimini?

elcamino12sec

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Just wondering if any members are intrested in going to Bimini, will be leaving from Ft lauderdale sometime in June.

notanlines

Recruit
Re: Anyone going to Bimini?

We'll be leaving from Ft Lauderdale mid June as well. Staying at Bimini Sands.

elcamino12sec

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If your going the same time we are maybe we can caravan, we will be leaving early in the morning the 27th, will be staying at SeaCrest, how about you?

Bob's Garage

Chief Petty Officer

My wife and I are interested in going to Bimini. We have never been, either by boat nor plane.

We would like to know what size boat you are going in, if you have been there before, what the hazzards are, where you check in, what their attitudes are toward tourists, and what can we expect as far as water conditions.

We have been boating for over 16 years but no real offshore boating. We are members of the Lakeland Sail and Power Squadron and I am an instructor in the general information classes.

We own a 2007 Sea Cat 226DC with twin Suzuki 140's. No radar but a Garmin 540s GPS, VHF radio, compass and would get an Epirb or PLB for the trip.

elcamino12sec

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My boat is a 226 Chris Craft Scorpion with a 225 Suzuki. I also have a 540s Garmin, VHF and will be renting an epirb for the trip. I have never been to Bimini but there is quite a bit of information online about small boats taking the trip. It appears that Bimini is quite a popular place for smaller boats to take short trips for fishing or vacations. There is a small airport on South Bimini and many restaurants and hotels with slips on the North Island. According to the information the Island is very welcoming to boaters taking trips and staying for a few days. We have a reservation at the Sea Crest and have reserved a slip as well. Hotel and slip prices are cheaper than I expected too. If your considering going I think you have a very capable boat, if you want to caravan just reply back or send me a PM, although I have seatow it would nice to have another boat go along just incase something happens.

limoking

Recruit
Just purchased a 66 Larson with perfect hull and I need to know where the best place to buy windshield, etc