One to AVOID, Lake of the ozarks in Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgek1414

Cadet
Re: One to AVOID, Lake of the ozarks in Missouri

LOZ is madness during the peak season. If you are looking for a good lake to fish, try Truman Lake. Just be aware there is a large amount of standing timber, often just below the water level (depending on the water level of course). I've only been on it a few times, but enjoyed the experience and didn't encounter a lot of traffic, or a single jetski.

guy74

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I enjoy boating on Truman, we go there at least once a year. Miles and miles of river fingers, not to hard to find a spot to yourself for some good skiing, or fishing.

DaNinja

Lieutenant

We enjoy our place on LOTO. I'm sitting here looking at the boat in the slip right now.

It can get crazy rough on the weekends, but it's just a matter of choosing routes, destination, and activity.

I think I may fire the old girl up and see what the main channel and four corners is like today.

sheyski

Cadet

I am familiar with your cove. I boated past Capt Ron's on Sunday when we were out running the big boat.

I am actually at the 36mm. I am the last cove on the north side before you get to the 2 miles of bluffs. I am about 2/3 of the way back in the cove. We'll have to try and hook up sometime. :D

I know this is an old thread but had to jump in when I read where you're located. My brother and I drove around that area a couple of years ago - loved the homes back in the cove. Seemed very comfortable. I think the guy we rent from, owns a house in that area too (he rents out his old home). We rent right around the corner from where Purvis Beach used to be. Grew up on the 38 MM. Wish I could live there all the time.Maybe someday...

sam60

Captain
LOTO was were I learned to ski and slalom in the 70's. Things were calm around Lake Road 5-88 back then. Good times for several summers. Used to row a boat to the clear blue spring water near Haha Tonka.

Neuner

Seaman
Same here, 70s and 80s. Spent almost every weekend at the Lake growing up. We were all over it from the Dam on up to 42mm. Parents kept the boat going even after all of us left the coop. Got to be so bad they'd only head out on the weekdays in the morning. Into the early '00s even the early mornings were horrible and they decided to sell the boat. Can't imagine what it is like now. The water was toxic then and everyone said to only catch 'n release and never eat anything caught. No way I'd swim in that water.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Old topic

Please notice and observe the 90days inactive fuideline.

Start another LOTO topic if you wish to discuss it, as I doubt for all boaters, at all times of the year or days of the week is it to be avoided.

Thanks

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.