• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

joe1267

Seaman
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

We spend most of our boating time at our little lakehouse on Lake Onderdonk in Berne, NY. The public launch is only 10 minutes from my house if I want to boat in the Hudson river. Here is a pic of our little lake....Joe

IMG_1322.jpg

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

Although there are a million lakes in Ont.,I usually boat either on Go Home Lake(that's where our cottage used to be)or part of the Trent Severn System because both are close and have a controlled water level.Have been known to go out on Georgian Bay,but with the lower water level of the last 10 or so years there are a lot more hazards out there.I've covered more of Georgian Bay with my sled than I have my boat.

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Although there are a million lakes in Ont.,I usually boat either on Go Home Lake(that's where our cottage used to be)or part of the Trent Severn System because both are close and have a controlled water level.Have been known to go out on Georgian Bay,but with the lower water level of the last 10 or so years there are a lot more hazards out there.I've covered more of Georgian Bay with my sled than I have my boat.

I didn't know Go Home Lake is water level controlled? Is there a dam?

While the water has been low in Georgian Bay, it's been up a lot the past 2-3 years and while there are a lot of hazards, with a current chart there is so much beautiful boating available to avoid it because of lower water levels.

Cheers.

Knightgang

Lieutenant

I know this Poll has some age on it, but there should be a few other options, Like ICW and region...

That said, I usualy boat it in the ICW and sounds off of Savannah as well as nearshore, offshore in the same area. I also boat on Thurman Lake, about 2 hours from my house...

EsoxRanger

Seaman

Somewhere in the State of Oklahoma. That's all I'm going to divulge. Did you notice all the boats on the lake on this beautiful Summer day?

Did every one stay home because they are afraid of a Broken Arrow sinking the boat? :cool:

dieselboy86

Seaman Apprentice

I live in Allegan, MI so i spend most of my time between Dumont, Minor and Eagle lake. If im just going fishing i go to any of the lakes around home.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

I like lakes too, but prefer a river that is close by.

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am in Eastern Ontario and we are spoiled with the Ottawa River (2 mins from home), a stretch of approx 120km without any locks or dams, can go right behind parliament buildings or head east and take advantage of the several windless bays for wakeboarding, tubing, chilling and relaxing!

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

I keep my boat moored in a river with about a 10 mile run out to the ocean. It's great because my motor gets flushed out in the fresh water on my way home from fishing and crabbing!

Not to mention the deadly pacific salmon fishing in the river each fall.

GeoHawk

Seaman

We do most of our boating in Missouri at Stockton Lake, but have also spent time at Table Rock and Lake of the Ozarks.

However, for 1 week a year over the last 29 years my dad and I have driven up to Lake of the Woods in Ontario. A group of us guys rent a houseboat out of Sioux Narrows and spend a week fishing, drinking and playing cards.

Crappy cell phone pic:

IMG00063.jpg

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

I didn't know Go Home Lake is water level controlled? Is there a dam?

While the water has been low in Georgian Bay, it's been up a lot the past 2-3 years and while there are a lot of hazards, with a current chart there is so much beautiful boating available to avoid it because of lower water levels.

Cheers.

Yeah Mike there is a dam at the south end of the lake.When my Uncle owned the marina he was the one that used to go and add or remove the logs in the dam.Not sure where he got his direction from,but I think the MNR.

Chris

Ohioriver

Seaman

The Ohio River, Markland Pool, most weekends in the summer that is where you will find me.

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Saguaro Lake, AZ-Full of complete MORONS. Canyon Lake, AZ, a little less. Lake Pleasant, AZ-OK. Apache Lake, AZ-OK A little hard to get to.

2000silvers2k

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

If we have midweek days off we will go up to Winnipesaukee when its less busy.

Longer weekend days are typically spent on Lake Winnisquam as our 18' boat size is more at home.

If we feel like going on a short ride or plan on doing heavy water sports (skiing,wakeboarding) we hit up the Merrimack river in Hooksett NH.

Attachments

• photo229316.jpg
    photo229316.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 0
  • photo229317.jpg
    photo229317.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo229319.JPG
    photo229319.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 0