Viewing Nautical Maps

GaBoy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone know of a website where you can view charts for free? I have looked around on the internet and did not see anything.

GaBoy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Viewing Nautical Maps

Yes, we are planning on the trip to the keys and we are going to skirt the west coast of Florida and we may go across the canal to Sturart if there is enough water.

Thanks for the site for maps, neato

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Need to stop on the way down for a cold beverage - !!:D

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

http://www.freeboatingcharts.com/

This one you can download them to your computer.

Chart Navigator is by far the best one I have used. I like it better than the NOAA charts online because you have the chart on your PC, and can move around without have to use arrow buttons. It also has the pop up notes and detail info right on the map. And you can see it in full screen mode.

Chart Navigator used to be a pay product from Maptech, but with the demand for maps on GPS devices, etc, the download to PC product became obsolete. So they give it away for free. Same Waterproof Charts (brand name) you pay $28 for in the store, but free, and I love the ability to print them on 8.5x11 paper and take them with me. I write on them, then toss and print a new set for the next trip.

Just create an account with them, then select the charts you want to download. Note the ID number they give you, and then go to check the status. Even though it says it takes up to 24 hours, I usually have my maps ready to download in a minute or two. The setup is a little odd, but well worth the time to get great charts.

Last edited:

GaBoy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, everyone has given me a great deal of places to view maps. We are planning on leaving Pascagoula, MS, then to Gulf Shores, Ala., then to Destin, Fla., then to St. Marks Fla, then to Panama City, then to Tampa or so, then to Ft. Myers and either across the canal or go to Middle keys and then to Key West. And if anyone knows where in our trip gas,bars, restaurants, lodging and adult beverages are availble please inform. Thanks for all the help.