Saturday, 12/9/17 Lake Perris Ca 19th Annual ?Lights on the Lake? Holiday Boat Parade

Fun Times

Staff member

77 Going ? 696 Interested
Share this event with your friends
Details
On Saturday, December 9th 2017 Lake Perris State Recreation Area will be holding its 19th Annual ?Lights on the Lake? Holiday Boat Parade. The event will be at Launch Ramp 6 and will begin at 5:00 pm.

Show some holiday spirit by participating and enter your vessel to compete against other vessels for the best decorated. There will be a DJ, food and beverages, coloring contests for the kids, and there may even be a special appearance by Santa Clause. Judges for the event will be awarding park passes to boat parade winners. Bring your family and friends to enjoy the parade from the shoreline.

Free admission to the event for all contestants and anyone donating an unwrapped toy valued at $10.00 or more. All toys will be donated to local non-profits assiting underserved communities.
Pre-registration is recommended.

To enter your vessel or for further information contact the park at (951) 940-5600 or send an email to Ranger Gordon at kenneth.gordon@parks.ca.gov.

Lake Perris State Recreation Area is located at:

17801 Lake Perris Dr
Perris, CA. 92571

Fun Times

Staff member
Anyone else's local lake do this too?
Do you go to watch or participate?
Feel free to share your lakes details in here too or just create a new topic with your local lakes name, etc..:encouragement:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Guntersville used to. Last time we went when we had the big boat they cancelled it due to possible thunderstorms which didn't happen so we loaded up 15 friends and did a one boat show. Then cruised thru two marinas caroling

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Ah shucks I missed it. For the 100th anniversary of our local town, Cayuga Ontario that is on the Grand River that flows into Lake Erie they had a boat parade at night just before the fireworks and it was wonderful, it had to be 8 about years ago. There had to be 50 boats from 10' inflatables to some nice 30 something cruisers. The ingenuity and artistic decorations were just fantastic. I talked to the Mayor about having an annual event but nothing came of it. I think I better carry the torch and go to city council and bring it up again. Someone has to.

If you want to see something different go to You Tube and Google "bridge move Cayuga Ontario" it is something to see. This is exactly where the parade and fireworks happened.

The project took well over 12 years. Since this area was heavily populated by indigenous peoples of the First Nation, specifically of the Cayuga tribe, great detail to do archaeological studies for 4 or 5 years to ensure nothing was disturbed. Many valuable ancient artifacts were discovered along the shoreline where excavation would happen. That would be us in the video on the grassy hill on the right of the opposite shore, do you recognize us?

You can find it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtG8IqeoTU

Last edited: