Pickwick Lake?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i have a member on my forum that goes there, pontoon family. Can't remember what part but he always is on a nice and large gravel beach. I keep threatening to run up there for a weekend.

That nice large gravel beach is probably at dry creek. There is a cove where mostly cruisers go, the beach is mostly toons. The water can be horrible at time but we like to cruise early in the morning or late in the evening. We run down from the dam to a place called steel bridge and tie up for the day a few times a summer.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well if you head to Guntersville let me know. I still pull down there a few times a year.

alldodge

Staff member
Only been on it a few times with family and did have some fun, but lake is to shallow and not much room to get away from everything and chill. That said, if I lived near it, I would use it

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT

MAN DID I EVER GET MIXED UP

Pickwick is in Mississippi and have also been there. I was mixing Pickwick with Patoka. We rode from Louisville KY, down the Ohio river, then thru KY Lake and past Tom Bixby Water way to Pickwick. Then rode back, and took about a week, great ride and about 1200 miles by water

Tim in TN

Seaman
I usually go to Pickwick a few times a year, day trips only. We put in at Eastport Marina, near Iuka, and usually hang out somewhere in Bear Creek. I usually avoid the north end of the lake due to rough water and heavy traffic, although sometimes we go to the waterfall to eat the lunch we've packed.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
My Dad used to keep his boat there during hurricane season, the jest skiers loved the big wake from the big Carver.

Tim in Tn, I am right up by the dam, the water can get horrible up there. Will not even attempt grand harbor around mid day. Have a few times only because we had too.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
you all may not realize it but pickwick is suposto be one of the better lakes for cat fishing

rumit8

Recruit
Noted for its astounding water amusement the lake and stream offers angling, sculling, swimming and a marina.