Hurricances that backtrack . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricances that backtrack . .

I cannot remember when there have been hurricanes that have backtracked on themselves or just hung around, like what we have seen this year with Harvey and Jose.

I'm was hoping Jose would be scooting east by now, but it looks like it is backtracing into Cape Cod. I have plans to go over to Martha's Vineyard on the boat this weekend, but the storm may still be hanging around. Today (on Cape Cod) it is actually more windy than yesterday. Buzzards Bay is not bad at this point, a lot worse on the outer islands.

As I was leaving the beach, the kite boarders were showing up to take advantage of the 25-30 mph winds.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	277408

Best regards, Ted . . . . Cape Cod, MA

Formula 330 Sun Sport, O'Day Mariner Sail #3224, Sunfish
    Past Boats: Catalina 22 Sail #10531, Formula 242 Sun Sport
    Twin Mercruiser 7.4 LX MPI (0F802036, 039), Bravo 3's (0F806198, 199), Mercury 7.5 HP (1969), Johnson 4.5 HP (1980)

My Boating Web Pages: http://www.tpenfield.com

Member of the Month - February 2013

One thing ya can say - This ain't normal. 3 Cat 4+ storms making US landfall in less than a month. All three names will probably be retired.

Then there's Jose - the 5th longest live Atlantic hurricane on record and it's not over yet.

Don't worry about making a trip to Martha's Vineyard - The end of the world is coming on Saturday when Planet X, Nibiru or Wormwood crashes into us or comes close enough to suck away our atmosphere. Jose is a minor inconvenience. LOL
    BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Jose is drunk and doing donuts in the Atlantic
      1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
      1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
      2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheasheads in Paradise"
      1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

For those of us that live in Virginia Beach....yeah it's been an edge of your seat year. And it's not quite over yet. Boat has been enjoying a hiatus on the trailer for a couple of weeks....

Comment

We fought the weather a bit and made it over to Vineyard Haven. Really snotty coming through Woods Hole though, but Vineyard sound was about as crappy as it always is. The wind is dying down. Tomorrow is supposed to be awesome - sunny & calm

We figured that if we waited until next weekend hurricane Maria would be upon us.
          Best regards, Ted . . . . Cape Cod, MA

Formula 330 Sun Sport, O'Day Mariner Sail #3224, Sunfish
          Past Boats: Catalina 22 Sail #10531, Formula 242 Sun Sport
          Twin Mercruiser 7.4 LX MPI (0F802036, 039), Bravo 3's (0F806198, 199), Mercury 7.5 HP (1969), Johnson 4.5 HP (1980)

My Boating Web Pages: http://www.tpenfield.com

Member of the Month - February 2013

Comment

Working...
          X