Boating and drinking question....

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
To me its a flip of the coin. I don't think you can drive in Texas that you don't see the sign " Drink; Drive; go to Jail"; or something related. As far as local; this County is "No Refusal"; on the road or water. The local lake patrol got some new boats recently (Good looking and very fast) along with PWCs. Trust me; they will nail your A@@. They will take your money and your boat! (Ask my neighbor) Its like arguing with a Stop Sign!

briangcc

Commander
Personal rule my uncle's started when all us "kids" turned legal drinking age and I follow: No alcohol on the boat. Open/closed containers stay at the dock. No exceptions.

Keeps me from being on a first name basis with the LEO's and I'm not fishing someone's drunk...posterior out of the lake! I had one previous co-worker argue with me about my rule. He never stepped foot on my boat.

animap

Cadet
No Title

I can add with how it is here in Sweden: While the boat is moving, the driver or anyone onboard that is essential to its handling, are not allowed to have over 0.2 per mille of alcohol in the blood. Then you can be convicted of the "soft" form of boat-drinking. If they have over 1 per mille, they are convicted of the "tough" form of boat-drinking.

The police uses boats like the one below to chase you down. Of course you should not drink when drivning your boat, but if you are out camping with it, it happens that you have to move the boat at the evening if the wind shifts after having some glasses of wine, then you may be in trouble.

Attachments

• photo277056.png
    photo277056.png
    704.5 KB · Views: 0