Calling Colorado Folks! Where do you boat?

PowerAddict

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking for info on nice lakes people go to in CO. What are some decent sized lakes within 2 hours and 5 hours of Denver?

Pics are encouraged! Thanks.

LuvBoating

Senior Chief Petty Officer
When we lived south of Denver (2004 thru 2007), in Englewood and Parker, we took our bowrider to both Chatfield and Cherry Creek lake/reservoirs. Spent more time at Chatfield than CC. Done rainbow trout fishing and "beached" the boat a number of times. Nice times.

​Looking at relocating back to Colorado in a year or so, but this time plan on being in the Loveland area where both Carter Lake and Loveland Lake is. Currently living in northeastern Florida and can't wait to move back to Colorado and the lakes there.

​BTW, once went to Horsetooth Reservoir. Bigger and deeper than either Chatfield or CC.

PowerAddict

Chief Petty Officer
Thank you for that! Chatfield and CC sure don't look very big! Do they get packed?

LuvBoating

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thank you for that! Chatfield and CC sure don't look very big! Do they get packed?

​Neither is big, but they were close to our house and that was fine for us. Actually, Horsetooth Reservoir is bigger than both, but to far to travel from our house. Went there once. Also, without our boat, stopped by Pueblo Lake in Pueblo, but wasn't very impressed with it. No shade around the lake at all.

​When we had our house in Parker, where we also kept our boat in our garage, both Chatfield and CC could get pretty crowded on Saturday and Sundays. We were "early birds" back then. While my wife was still sleeping at 6AM, I'd get up and hook-up, and load up, the bowrider to the Durango. Wake my wife up and we'd be in the No Wake area trout fishing by 8:30AM. Most times was retrieving the boat by noon. By noon is when most others boaters were getting launching their boats.

​Don't know about now, but back then, even getting to either reservoir early, there would still be a line of boats in the parking lot to get to the ramp to go in the water. Not as many boats as there would be at the noon launchings, but still, some boats.