Lake Harris chain of lakes, lake county, Florida.

Glastron Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys, I'm planning to go out to the lakes once again this weekend 3-11-2017, I usually launch in Lake Apopka lake Beauclair canal, and work my way into the lakes. I plan to go to Lake Eustis and play around this weekend. Maybe make it all the way out to Lake Harris. Who knows.

Anyone else boating on the waters?

Post here and maybe we can meet?

I plan to keep using this post to update when I go out, and possibly meet with fellow I-Boats members on said dates.

If accepted, I'll update with pictures from the beautiful central Florida lakes.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Watch for 1 or more Feathercrafts cruising tbe chain thru the end of the month. Some may attend the Lake Dora meet.

I wont be there, but was 2yrs ago. Watch for canal gators.....

Glastron Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Will do on the Gators... I have some adjustments to make on my lower unit, and was planning to take care of this in the canals... But I've been hearing stories lately of the Gators. Didn't realize there were that many around. I'm having second thoughts about stepping out of the boat now...

Lake Dora meet? Do you know where I can find info?

Glastron Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This is me. Wave, honk, yell or talk to me if you see me.

I always love putting a face to people I talk to online.

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If you see a guy with a ranger bass boat with a merc 225 hanging off the back that has tatoos up and down his arms with a bait caster in his hand and a large bass on the other end while smoking a cigarette with a pissed off look on his face. thats Tracy. he is one of our welders. he will be at what ever tournament is going on and will be in the top 3 at weigh in. the guy fishes 3 days a week and makes more money than he does the other 4 days welding

If you get down by Bradenton, I may be headed to the motorsports park for the swap meet

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
GREAT, taking the MFG? .
Not this time ...Me, Lynn ,and Lilly for the weekend .. Just want to get the feel of the event before we show any boats ... Maybe next year ! :)
I'll be sure to take pics !

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
The Harris Chain is a great place to boat and fish. When we had our 2000 Bayliner Capri Cuddy we spent many a day on it relaxing. Does anyone know if they ever opened the canal into Lake Apopka from the chain. Here are a few pictures of our boat tied up at a restaurant on the Dead River.
313hx5z.jpg

2we9bf5.jpg

Glastron Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Does anyone know if they ever opened the canal into Lake Apopka from the chain.

I don't know for sure that they did or not. I launch in the canal that connects the 2, and last time out we went towards lake Apopka, but ended up turning around before we reached the lake. I don't know where they had it blocked before.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Catch any of the hydro races this past weekend? On Dora, IIRC