Central Florida, Lake County, Lake Dora, anyone here?

Glastron Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys. I finally got to take my boat out for the first time after a bit of work, and it did great!

I plan to take it back out today in Lake Dora and drive around the Lake Harris chain of lakes.

Just wondering if anyone here lives or boats near me.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was there Thursday on business and thought that would be a great lake to boat on. The lakes looked great, just 10 hours away from where my boat lives.

Glastron Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I was there Thursday on business and thought that would be a great lake to boat on. The lakes looked great, just 10 hours away from where my boat lives.

Definitely. I Love it. The Lake Harris chain of lakes is great. I am pleasure boating at the moment, but plan on fishing soon. Once we get the licenses.

Awesome sights, got to see a few planes take off and land. Beautiful canals.

In my opinion they are very nice, but I'm new to boating and have been on these lakes with friends, and once we got a rental down in Sanibel bay. So I don't know of the best of the best or anything like that, but I love these lakes.

Darrenmb

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Im not far off, in Apopka, my plan is to have my.boat ready by summer, so i will be looking for.good waterways with decent ramps and such, im.in and out of mount dora quite frequently, went there to watch the flotilla at Christmas, .wasnt many boat but looked like fun. Other than my Navy days this will be my first year on the water! I will be looking to hook up with other people, hopefully.not as clueless as myself.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Got a tour of 3 or 4 of the lakes in the Harris chain a couple years ago w a buddy on another forum. Canels connecting them were also an interesting cruise.

The Lake Dora boat show is soon, IIRC.

Glastron Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Im not far off, in Apopka, my plan is to have my.boat ready by summer, so i will be looking for.good waterways with decent ramps and such, im.in and out of mount dora quite frequently, went there to watch the flotilla at Christmas, .wasnt many boat but looked like fun. Other than my Navy days this will be my first year on the water! I will be looking to hook up with other people, hopefully.not as clueless as myself.

Awesome. I know exactly where Apopka is, I lived there since 05 until I found my house just north of Apopka in 2011.

If you want to add me as a friend here, if that's possible, feel free to do so. I wouldn't mind meeting local members.

By the way, I'm new to launching and the boat ramp I use is nice and quiet. It is into the lake Apopka/Lake beauclair canal.

Not sure how big your boat is, but I like to go there because I can take my time launching and I don't feel like I'm taking too long being in the way to other boaters.

Feel free to message me if you want more information.

65 GRENDEL

Recruit
I use to live in Tavares, about a mile from the landing they called Buzzard beach on Big Lake Harris. Caught many nice Bass and Specs in the chain. Word of warning watch out for very big alligators, I h?d a close encounter with one and it wasn't fun.

Glastron Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I use to live in Tavares, about a mile from the landing they called Buzzard beach on Big Lake Harris. Caught many nice Bass and Specs in the chain. Word of warning watch out for very big alligators, I h?d a close encounter with one and it wasn't fun.

Yes 65 Grendel, we have taken the boat out about every other weekend, and have seen quite a bit of gators. Mostly baby ones, but 1 or 2 4-5 foot ones...

I'm wondering, can they jump or crawl onto the boat from water?

I've got my wife and 2 kids (4 and 6 years old) on the boat. My son is terrified now :-(

We're learning to fish and just enjoying the outdoors, when we see the gators, we move to another spot.