Florida Keys

drewm3i

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've never posted these on this forum (they are all posted on a brand specific forum though), but figured they may be enjoyable to some who want to attempt to pass the winter. :D

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Did you sleep on the boat?

If so: Transient slip, mooring or anchor? How was the heat at night?

We have a 25 foot cuddy and that area is on our bucket list.

drewm3i

Petty Officer 1st Class
We keep our boat at a marina down there. Transient slips are included in our storage. On the 24' cuddy, we always slept on the boat. We had shore power and a portable ac though. Worked great! They also have clean hot showers that are air conditioned, so no, we weren't roughing it! The a/c kept the cabin about 75 degrees even during the hottest parts of the day. Now we have a 30' cruiser with built in a/c though...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks like a blast ! I've lived in Fl all my life have never made it down there ... Hopefully soon !!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I'll get there eventually !
We were thinking on renting a house and stay for a week .. I would like to take the boat but may rent one instead ... idk ...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Go Sam Go.

Its been 25yrs since I've been there and if I could I'd go back tomorrow.

drewm3i

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'll get there eventually !
We were thinking on renting a house and stay for a week .. I would like to take the boat but may rent one instead ... idk ...

If you need help finding a boat rental, let me know. You could always bring your boat though, which makes it more fun! What boat do you have?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Looks like a blast ! I've lived in Fl all my life have never made it down there ... Hopefully soon !!

Tell me isn't so! But I do understand. We lived 45 minutes from Niagara Falls and I have met more than one person from our area that had never seen the falls until they were in their 30's, some never. Too bad you didn't get down there when it was like being on a Caribbean Island. Very commercialized now.

As far as the OP's video, very, very nice my friend. I have been going to the Keys for over 30 years and Florida for over 40 but in summer I find it too dang hot and sticky to enjoy myself.

drewm3i

Petty Officer 1st Class
Tell me isn't so! But I do understand. We lived 45 minutes from Niagara Falls and I have met more than one person from our area that had never seen the falls until they were in their 30's, some never. Too bad you didn't get down there when it was like being on a Caribbean Island. Very commercialized now.
Eh, you can still get the island vibe if you hit the local spots, especially from Tavernier to Big Pine Key. For example, our marina is charming as can be with a bunch of friendly liveaboards, a restaurant that plays island music all night, and a location off the beaten path.