Boating up the Schuylkill from the Delaware

superbenk

Commander
I've got some time off over the next few weeks to just bum around on the boat so I'm thinking of boating down to the Schuylkill & seeing how far up I can go. I have a 20' Four Winns bowrider (see signature) & launch at Neshaminy State Park Marina in Croydon. I've never gone down as far as the mouth of the Schuylkill yet, but have been close. Can anyone give some information about the Schuylkill & navigating it? I've read you have to be careful of rocks & I know I can only go up so far. Is it a worthwhile trip?

On Holiday

Seaman Apprentice
Can't help you. I boat closer to Reading. I do know of someone who boated the Delaware down to the C&D Canal to the Upper Chesapeake and back in a 22' bow rider.

johnbodri

Recruit
My brother in law just went to boat house row from Croydon and he said it was a nice cruise
That was 2 weeks ago
Can't tell you any more than that
Said it was a 50-60 minute ride

superbenk

Commander
I attempted the Schuykill a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately it wasn't the nicest day. Got about half way up where the refineries are & ended up turning around because of the amount of garbage in the water. It might have been fine if we just pushed on a bit further, but we needed lunch & a bathroom so headed back to Dave & Busters instead. I might try again next week by myself if I have time.