Bar Harbor ME

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Was thinking about trailering my boat up to Bar Harbor to do a few days of cruising. Anybody here cruise up there? Any advice would be appreciated.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Bar Harbor proper ain't to boater friendly, unless yer boat is a Ship,....

I launch outa Lamoine Point state park just north, 'n on the main land from Bar Harbor,....
It's just a few miles south of Ellsworth to the launch,....
Hi-tide is of course best, but it's a long launch that can be used at low-tide too,....

Frenchman Bay is some nice water,...
Never got out into the ocean proper, as everytime I've been there, the fog rolled in, as I was headin' out,....

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
I'm starting to re-think my plan and maybe take a trip from a NH launch ramp down the MA coast instead. Never been to Boston by boat and it seems like it would be pretty cool.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
I have always wanted to go down the coast from NH/Maine to Boston but need a bigger boat :). I bet it is a really cool trip

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Maybe try a lake of some sort?

Decided on Lake Champlain. It's nice. I'm presently drifting in the middle of it relaxing in my cockpit under my camper canvas while it's pouring rain. I'm warm and dry and there are no waves at all. Made chicken fajitas for lunch at anchor. Could not be happier...

Weather was nice yesterday and will be tomorrow and the rest of the week.

I launched in Willsboro, NY yesterday around noon, and went about 60 miles south and then back up to Westport for he night.Went to Vergennes (long 7.5 mile no wake ride up Otter Creek) and Essex today. Planning to hit Burlington and Mallets Bay tomorrow and then we'll explore the north end of the lake for the rest of the week.

s.hadley81

Petty Officer 1st Class
That's awesome sounds like you made the right choice!

Decided on Lake Champlain. It's nice. I'm presently drifting in the middle of it relaxing in my cockpit under my camper canvas while it's pouring rain. I'm warm and dry and there are no waves at all. Made chicken fajitas for lunch at anchor. Could not be happier...

Weather was nice yesterday and will be tomorrow and the rest of the week.

I launched in Willsboro, NY yesterday around noon, and went about 60 miles south and then back up to Westport for he night.Went to Vergennes (long 7.5 mile no wake ride up Otter Creek) and Essex today. Planning to hit Burlington and Mallets Bay tomorrow and then we'll explore the north end of the lake for the rest of the week.