Any Boaters on Sebago Lake?

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
I have property in Bridgton and sometimes drop my boat in Long Lake so I can cruise down the river to Sebago. It's a great area to boat. That said, I think the towns around Sebago should do more to attract boaters. Public docks like Naples have are a great attraction. Ports are fun to visit.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
You are right about that! There should be more public docks,although there is the sandbar. It is a bit closed off unless you have a place or rent on the lake.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
More restaurants you could visit by boat would be awesome. Going to Rick's or Frye's Leap Cafe by boat is fun.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
Yeah, more restaurants would be great. Go to fryes leap cafe a lot. Hope to check out Ricks and go through the lock this year.

Last edited:

jforrest1

Seaman
I think it is one of the best spots on the lake. Secluded and quiet despite it being a marina. Good neighbors on the dock makes it a nice environment and a fun time!

jforrest1

Seaman
Is there a spot to just anchor in the cove and chill?

I guess you could in the end of the cove past the last dock (which is the pump out dock and launch). Not much water back in there but do-able I guess and the traffic there is light. The marina can be busy on the weekends when good weather. A lot of camps/houses either have docks or moorings so probably not a lot of room before the marina as you enter the cove. There are a lot of islands associated with the Dingley's and depending on the wind you can find a great spot around those islands. We anchor there frequently and one evening at dusk saw a deer swim onto one of the islands.Couldn't figure out what that was in the water as all we could see were her ears!

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
Is it a certain color? We will either be in an older green chaparral bowrider or a bright yellow seadoo sportster!

Last edited:

jforrest1

Seaman
I'll be up tonight to replace a trim tab switch tonight and be out early Sat morning to test it and troll a little. Plan to be back home around 10. Weather is not looking great and we have a couple things around the house to finish up so my wife will be able to stay guilt free. I on the other hand, have no problem with this! So this Saturday is spring cleaning all the windows!

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
Have you checked out the RaftUp app? It would be cool if a lot of people used it. I saw it on another forum.