Lake erie cruise to ceader point and put in bay

Lake time

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We have a 1985 carver montego 26 we are taking our first cruise on it for our honeymoon we are going to ceader point and put in bay plan on spending 2 days at cp and 2 days at pib we are coming from erie pa I was wondering if any one has experienced any of the marinas out there and if you guys have any recommendations on the marinas and what to do on put in bay

airshot

Rear Admiral
Well I certainly hope you are planning t wait for warmer weather...lol....Make sure to take extra money as both are expensive to dock overnite. Of course cedar point has one big attraction and we all know what that is, as far as Put-In-Bay you need to like to drink as it is mostly a party place. We take our boat out for a day cruise and rent a golf cart to tour the island and do a little shopping and sight seeing. But when the evening rolls around we leave as things can get a bit out of control with all the intoxicated people stumbling around, peeing in public and throwing up. That is not our idea of fun but during the day it has some attractions, just keep in mind that it is expensive.

Lake time

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yeah we are going in August after the wedding website will be at put in bay in the middle of the week so should be pretty layer back right? Any marina suggestions

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Erie PA to the islands is a long trip. Have you decided where you'll stop for fuel? Docking at PIB will run about $35 per day on the public docks downtown. You can also dock at The Keys and get some vouchers for restaurants and bars in town. We did a Saturday night at PIB last season. Lots of drunk people. You'll have to raft off someone unless you get there right around 11am (overnight dockers must leave at 11 or pay for the rest of the day). Be prepared ot have drunk people walking over your swim platform at all hours. CP has a great marina with an entrance to the park right there. Not sure about the prices.

Lake time

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I think we may trail
trailer the carver to vermillion I have a buddy that lives there still he's going to let me leave the truck and trailer at his place probably head that way early Monday and stay out that way till Friday or Saturday

pontoonsaloon

Seaman Apprentice
Wow, I envy you two! I used to live in Pa. and loved going up to Erie/Lake Erie...very nice place. Your trip sounds fantastic! Good luck and best wishes.

Bubba Buoy

Cadet
Awesome trip. Good honeymoon idea. Weekdays at PIB will be way mellower than weekends. Not silent by any stretch but not Mardi Gras-style like the weekends in summer. You could also make arrangements with a marina in Port Clinton/Catawba/Marblehead and spend days at PIB and return the short distance to your marina at night, would be even quieter. Of course, you're idea of honeymooning fun may be out enjoying the bars and PIB nightlife and then you can rest easy knowing your boat is tied up just across the park from where you're partying. Congrats on the nuptials and the fun trip!