Starting a marine store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmxaxrxtxyx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Am considering starting up a marine store with marine products, fishing gear, used products, boat repair
and restoration, camper & boat rental, boat sales, and indoor boat storage.
Was wondering if anyone with experience has some good advice for me?
I have 3 small lakes within 30 mins. from me, and Lake Erie 50 mins away
Once again, I am just in the consideration process right now....Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Gee - Did you ever look at the top of the forum page?

This might not be the right place to ask. :confused:

xmxaxrxtxyx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well this was the closest one I could find that I thought had something to do with my question...not like I didn't check them all out

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
These couple of little things are why I asked;

Rule 6. You may not post in the forum to promote any personal enterprise, advertise a business or product, or to solicit responses for contests, off-site polls, or similar. This includes directing members to social networking sites.
The First post of a thread MAY NOT be used to advertise or promote a product, company, internet site, sale, individual, or service. If you wish to promote a product or internet site, please contact iboats for rates/permission. Please remember that iboats is a retail vendor of marine products and do not post anything that would be detrimental to iboats' interests.

And

Rule 8. You may not solicit any personal transaction (buy, sell, rent, trade, free, donate, etc.) in the forum. Personal transactions arranged completely by Private Message are not affected by this rule. Solicitation by PM must be preceded by contact in the forum. Please note: threads or posts that give extensive details on anything that is for sale will be assumed to be an attempt to advertise and are subject to deletion. If you are selling a boat - paid advertising through iboats is acceptable to post in the forum. A link to the ad is mandatory and must be included in your post. Signature links for boats advertised on iboats are acceptable. We encourage members to use this service.

xmxaxrxtxyx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Lol that's too many big words for me!!
All I was asking for is advice on starting a small business..
guess I'll go elsewhere, being as my small business could take away business from iboats

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Many community colleges host Small Business Development Centers that are there to help people start businesses. One way to learn about a prospective business is to go a long way from where you plan to operate (so you are not seen as a competitor) and find someone who is running a business like you want to run. If you approach them right, they may be willing to take time to answer your questions. ,,,, And as was already pointed out, you won't get a warm welcome from anyone who sells online no matter how far away you are.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Not sure why its surprising that it isnt appropriate to discuss this in the free forum sponsored by iboats

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Lol that's too many big words for me!!
All I was asking for is advice on starting a small business..
guess I'll go elsewhere, being as my small business could take away business from iboats

Taking business away from iboats wouldn't be a good thing......:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.